Automated Fixtures DesignSpot 575E - need to change gobos

mcdork

I've been unable to find a guide or video anyplace that shows or describes how to change out gobos on our DesignSpot 575Es. Does anyone have any experience doing this? These will be on gobo wheel 1, the non-rotating one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On some of the lower end fixtures the static wheel itself has the gobo's etched into it, so you probably can't change them because they are not removable gobos. The rotating ones can usually be changed however.

On some of the lower end fixtures the static wheel itself has the gobo's etched into it, so you probably can't change them because they are not removable gobos. The rotating ones can usually be changed however.

They are changeable and can handle either dichroic or steel gobos, also the manual describes both gobo wheels as "easily changeable". I'm just not sure how to remove them.

They are changeable and can handle either dichroic or steel gobos, also the manual describes both gobo wheels as "easily changeable". I'm just not sure how to remove them.

Yes, on the rotating wheel, not the non-rotating one. Are they both rotating? The manual says one static wheel and one rotating. However in the DMX table it says they are both rotating, kind of odd.

Yes, on the rotating wheel, not the non-rotating one. Are they both rotating? The manual says one static wheel and one rotating. However in the DMX table it says they are both rotating, kind of odd.

No. BOTH wheels have changeable gobos. I know this because someone changed the gobos on the non-rotating wheel from the standard set prior to my tenure at this theater.

I need the original gobos , which I have, back into the instrument, but cannot find any description of the process. Since the mechanism is fairly delicate, I don't want to use the poke-at-it-til-something-happens method.

No. BOTH wheels have changeable gobos. I know this because someone changed the gobos on the non-rotating wheel from the standard set prior to my tenure at this theater.

I need the original gobos , which I have, back into the instrument, but cannot find any description of the process. Since the mechanism is fairly delicate, I don't want to use the poke-at-it-til-something-happens method.

This is what it says in the begning of the manual for the features:
Two Gobos Wheels:
o Rotating gobo wheel with 7 rotating gobos plus open, all gobos can be easily
replaceable and gobo indexing
o Static gobo wheel with 7 static gobos plus open with different speed gobo
shaking and gobo indexing

I'm just stating what I see so I don't need the attitude because their manual is wrong. As far as changing it, it's most likely held in by a small spring on the edge of the GOBO, remove the spring and it will come out. Sorry I tried to help.

The gobo holders can be spun into position manually with the moving head open, but I can't tell how to remove them. No O-ring or spring clips that I can see and interior structure prevents pulling out the entire gobo wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back