Distribution: connector strip's outlets

Ahh, so back to the original point; more circuits means a lot more money. More dimmers, more wiring, more outputs on the connector strips. It's an all-around nightmarish project that most schools won't do unless the system as a whole ceases to function and they are forced to rebuild from the ground up.

On the other hand, if you replaced a couple dimmer modules with constant-power modules, you could toss some Leppy ULD packs on your electrics and connect them to constant power and DMX. They could give you a few more circuits on each electric. It's not the preferred way to do it, but it's likely the only way you could swing getting more circuits on your electrics.

Thank you all very much for your help!! The idea about using some ULD pack's is a very good point. We have at least two of these, each with four stage pin connectors on them. Does anyone know if these pack's can be mounted on the bar where all of the lights are mounted?

You can mount the packs however, zip tie them, screw it into it, the cieling if there are mounting holes, etc. I would put a saftey cable aswell.

And, wow, so weird. While I was driving home I thought of this thread and was thinking that what you where seeing was the plastic washer that held the pigtails on the raceway :p

It's been awhile since I've rented ULD's, but as I recall they have one, maybe two points on them where you can affix c-clamps to secure them to lighting positions.

Does anyone know if these pack's can be mounted on the bar where all of the lights are mounted?
The Leprecon ULD-series of "Tree Mount Dimmers" is intended to be mounted on a lighting position adjacent to the lighting fixtures it serves.

However, this product may not be the best solution to your problem. If you don't desire additional independent control than what is currently available, and just need to add fixtures to a location, using two-fers is a much simpler and less-expensive approach.

... was the plastic washer that held the pigtails on the raceway :p
See the wiki entry Heyco.

Last edited:
You can mount the packs however, zip tie them, screw it into it, the cieling if there are mounting holes, etc. I would put a saftey cable aswell.

The dimmer in question weighs about ten pounds. Please do not zip tie it. Using a safety cable doesn't give you the license to cut corners on hanging something safely and correctly in the first place.

Ah sorry about that, Then if you will be using it only in the same location, hardmounting it most likely. Could have the maintenance department do it for you being in a school. And I know here, anything being installed needs to be done by them :/

okay so even though they have the solution. What troubles me is that the "most informed" person is a middle school STUDENT, and doesn't know enough information to ask the right questions. (no offense intended). I would talk to your Technical Director, Your Drama Director, or anyone who has any kind of power in your school and let them know that the theater is one of the most dangerous places in any building and that there should be at least one adult that knows what they are doing at ALL times. It frightens me to see that some school districts buy all these expensive and amazing pieces of equipment but they don't hire the correct people to use or teach about the equipment.

So on that note, since you are a student. I would definitely only use two-fers in your situation since getting the maintenance department to do anything (at least in our area) is a pain in the butt. Also I am betting with 3 electrics you are not needing any more individual fixtures just some more light in areas.

I agree that two-fers or three-fers would be the right decision for this situation. Unfortunately, the school year ends tomorrow and I probably will not ever use it again. However, I will explain to the "lighting-designer" (who is a teacher) that if she wanted to hook up the other lights, she could use this solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back