DMX-70 Controller help

kevinm

Hello ControlBooth.

I got this Chauvet DMX-70 Controller about 1.5 years now and today it starting acting weird then sort of stopped working.

The 'Scenes' buttons stopped responding, but the 'Chase' buttons work. Also for some fixtures when i use the sliders to adjust a value they are showing crazy numbers where they shouldnt be, for example when the slider is all the way down the value might be 150 where it should be 0 and then when i start moving it up it goes to like 240 and then a little further it drops all the way down to 69. etc etc

As far as i know the controller hasnt been damaged and nothing has changed with the fixtures setup and wiring. If there are any known issues to cause this behavior and any fixes that might put things back to the way they are please let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Kevin.

Last edited:
Sounds as if a chip has fried. You should call Chauvet's service department.

Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members thread.

I once took a course from a developer that built top secret heads up displays for the air force (years ago). They had multi hundred million dollar devices and, when they acted up, they turned them over and pounded on them. While a bit extreme, most of these kinds of problems are connectors or dirt.

I would suggest taking the cover off the board. Make sure every connector is well seated and blow everything out with a can of air. If that doesn't work, you may have a bigger problem. You'd be amazed what reseating connectors and a can of air can fix.

Tim.

Might want to "Default" it. (clear the memory of everything.) Don't remember right off hand the key pattern to do it, but it's in the manual. I suspect that more is held in the writable memory than control settings as I had something like that happen on a 55. Doing the default fixed it.

I would suggest taking the cover off the board. Make sure every connector is well seated and blow everything out with a can of air. If that doesn't work, you may have a bigger problem. You'd be amazed what reseating connectors and a can of air can fix.
Tim.

Not much in the 70 ! I had one that became "U" shaped after a fall. Fixed it up, but other than the one PCB, there are only the DMX headers and one seatable chip. Took one heck of an impact but it still worked fine.

There is a black switch on the back of the desk, not the power but another switch. if you flick it the other way if should work.

I had the same problem with that same board with LED pars, and all it took was that switch on the back.

Otherwise there is something wrong with it and you should turn it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back