Design DMX problems

tubbstep

Hi Guys,

So, I've already posted in here about which lights to get for a Cyc and finally bought some LED strips that will suit my area perfectly.

However, now I have a problem as I'm not entirely sure how to install them.

Here is the deal. I've recently inherited a school and a stage. We have a modest set up.

I have a Stage Setter 24 for my lighting board, which is connected to the lights through a 75ft snake. The snake is 8 channel (8 send 4 rec).

All I want to do is install a Chauvet ColorDash Batten TRI at the back of the stage. I technically have channels 12-24 on the board free.
But I have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone help? I'm happy to supply lots more more information!

- Thanks, Ben

Scan.jpg

I'm sure there are going to be all kinds of folks jump in on this, but first off - it looks like you're trying to run DMX over an audio snake. Definitely not recommended! So let's figure you run a normal DMX cable from the Stage Setter to the first dimmer pack. I'm not familiar with any idiosyncrasies of the Stage Setter, but if it is just putting out control data for channels 1-24, then you will need to set the DMX address of your LED strips to addresses unused by your regular light dimmer packs. At a minimum you will need 4 channels to control those strips - check the documentation. If you want different colors out of each they will each need a unique starting address. If they are the same then you can set the start address the same - in your case - 12. You can then daisy chain the DMX cable for the LEDs from the dimmer pack. It should have an in and out. So should the LEDs to go to your other dimmer packs. I can't make out the rest of your configuration from the sketch, with multiple signals coming from the snake(?) and the splitters. I just tried to describe a simple start for reconnecting things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back