Control/Dimming DMX Universe Reassign Question

UVSub

I recently received several RGB led fixtures from china. The fixtures are IP68 and designed to live underwater (so Im told...) The actual circuit board is completely covered in silicone so there is no getting into the fixture without ruining the seals.
Here's my question, I have about 25 fixtures already pre-assigned DMX addresses 3 apart for each color starting at 1 and going to 75. I'm running a Hog with only 2 available universes which both are currently in use. I'm looking for some sort of solution that will allow me to redirect or reassign a DMX command. For example, I addresses the device whatever, 350 for example and it outputs address 1. So I would need addressing like the following.
Console Output 350 - DMX Output Device Address 1
Console Output 351 - DMX Output Device Address 2
Console Output 353 - DMX Output Device Address 3
Console Output 354 - DMX Output Device Address 4

and on etc...

Does something like this exist or is this even possible? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

I recently received several RGB led fixtures from china. The fixtures are IP68 and designed to live underwater (so Im told...) The actual circuit board is completely covered in silicone so there is no getting into the fixture without ruining the seals.
Here's my question, I have about 25 fixtures already pre-assigned DMX addresses 3 apart for each color starting at 1 and going to 75. I'm running a Hog with only 2 available universes which both are currently in use. I'm looking for some sort of solution that will allow me to redirect or reassign a DMX command. For example, I addresses the device whatever, 350 for example and it outputs address 1. So I would need addressing like the following.
Console Output 350 - DMX Output Device Address 1
Console Output 351 - DMX Output Device Address 2
Console Output 353 - DMX Output Device Address 3
Console Output 354 - DMX Output Device Address 4

and on etc...

Does something like this exist or is this even possible? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

I had to read your question a couple times. Did not seem clear to me.
However, since the devices cannot have their addresses changed there is only so much you can do...

Re-address so that whatever you have on DMX address 1 through 75 of either universe 1 or 2 is moved so you can use it for your new 'underwater RGB' fixtures. Boom, problem solved. (since you said you are using both universes)

As far as I can tell this is your only real feasible option. You can't have two devices independently controlled by the same address.

Now there may be a device that allows you to "offset" negatively, and then drop 350 addresses on the signal; but I have never heard of or seen such a device. Then the output of said device could run only to your new fixtures.
I've only seen translators and such with POSITIVE offsets, which would not do you any good.

Id be interested if anyone has another solution (other than taking the fixtures apart, or an intermediate controller of some sort that would seem silly to me).

Cheers.

It sounds like you need an external DMX patch device. ETC nodes can do this, or at least the Net 2 nodes could using the Advanced Input Patch feature in the Network Control Editor. This is where you could offset and reassign DMX addresses.

Possibly a Net 3 Gateway node that reads ArtNet from the Hog, then use the newer Gateway Configuration Editor to move addresses around the universe, then get DMX out of the node.

With a new DMX output (gateway/widget) you can define it as a new universe. Assuming the wiring to the new units is separate you are done.

If all the units are intermixed with your current stuff then translation won't help. Re-addressing your current rig shouldn't be a huge job, and you can simply re-patch the show file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back