DMX Universe

Before returning to the serious topic, does anyone like those Necco candies, they're roughly the size of a quarter? I haven't seen any of those around in a while.

so back on topic, is AMX an audio signal?

To answer DarSax's question, AMX is not an Audio signal. It was just an analog signal that combined 192 channels worth of data onto a single cable by some analog means, ie. it relied on a variable voltage or something rather than a series of 1s and 0s. Or so I think...

If I have my facts right AMX used a time division multiplex on an analog signal.

Each channels level was set indicated by a voltage level from the control board. The multiplexing saved on the large cables where there was a wire for each channel. For a short period of time the voltage level of a channel would be placed on the control cable to the dimmer. Then after this time the voltage level would be that of the next channel so on and so forth. This would be done in a fixed sequence. There would be some way to indicate to the dimmer that this was the start point of the squence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back