Do you use an RFU?

Does your school have an RFU?

• Total voters
I used to want one of these soo bad, but I've found that without it, I can still focus about as easily. I mean, you need somebody extra to push your ladder, right? And as long as you have somebody pushing your ladder, you might as well have somebody else (or even the same person) operate the console for you. Our console can be run from stage with a DMX wall plug in the stage left wing, so I figure its easy enough to focus that way.

Not that it wouldn't be handy to have a nice RFU. If anyone has one...I can give you my theatre's address :p

To be honest of the time we end up going to straight to the catwalks without. You just yell to someone in the booth, even if they don't know how patch its pretty simple to explain. Its only if your doing a massive focus and its simply because a pain to shout it out.

The RFU (affectionately called RFU-D2 around here :) ) is currently available for the ETC Obsession and Emphasis. I have an Express, and have wondered if they would ever make a wireless RFU for me, and well, they are; should be out next year.
I can't wait to be walking around outside in the halls of my church or at the coffee bar hitting light cues for the service...ahhh that's the life..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back