Dress Code

That has not been my experience, and I suspect I have some that are almost as old as you.

Well, you know I trust your opinion, so I'll give them a shot. Which kind do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't have much to add here, except that I would say that if you are specifying long black pants, and you do *not* consider cargo pants or unfaded black jeans acceptable, I'd hope you'd say that explicitly in your policy.

Personally, I'm a fan of Levis black twill jeans. They hold up well, and I've found them to be quite colorfast, with the pants very slowly edging toward green rather than the knees going white. In a nice enough straight cut, I think that they look more like slacks than standard jeans.

These, I think. Honestly they all look alike to me.

I don't have much to add here, except that I would say that if you are specifying long black pants, and you do *not* consider cargo pants or unfaded black jeans acceptable, I'd hope you'd say that explicitly in your policy.

I would say in my case it's more Dickies > cargos > jeans. It's not that you can't wear jeans, it's just they would prefer cargos or Dickies. Personally, I just want something in my wardrobe besides my cargos.

Thanks for the opinions everyone, I just ran into a few people who were pretty strong in their feelings about Dickies, but I'm trusting of the experiences expressed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
These, I think. Honestly they all look alike to me.
Just to add my two cents. I have a pair of these that I keep nicer looking for when I'm front of house, and a pair of
Loose Fit Double Knee Work Pant | Men's Pants | Dickies.com
That I use as my every day work pants. I have to replace the work pants about once a year because my keys wear small holes near the pockets, other than that over the last four years that I have been doing this I have only gone through 3-4 pairs of pants. Not bad mileage in my experience.

I wear a pair of Proper BDU pants as my everyday work pants. They have huge thigh pockets which is great for a headlamp and gloves but are pretty baggy and don't look "nice." When I need to dress up a bit I wear a pair of EMT pants, they still have all the pockets but the pockets are not baggy (they hug the leg) They are great for show runs but are a bit tighter and don't have nearly the amount of room so I perfer my BDU pants for setup and strike.

The BDU's last about 6-8 months but I am hard on pants, and they are cheap so if I rip them, get holes in my pocket from screws or whatever, I'm OK with that. The EMT pants last about a year but I don't wear them nearly as often either.

As we're a theatre hooked on to a school, we have to follow the Technology department's dress requirements when doing anything physical (building sets ect ect) - long pants, steel toes and a long sleeve shirt. If we're doing FOH, we have to wear the school's embroidered black polo with black dress pants and leather shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back