Earphones (canalphones)

GreyWyvern

Hey all,

I'm looking for some recommendations. I need a new set of earphones (more recently being called canalphones) since my current ones crapped out on me the beginning of the week. What I have is a set of Creative EP-630. I like the way they sound and feel for being just $30. They were my second pair and they failed in the exact same way my previous pair did and with not having any luck with customer support, I've decided I'm done with them. This also gives me a good reason to upgrade to something a bit nicer. Now, of course, I would prefer to get a set of JH Audio JH16 IEMs, but I don't have $1300 laying around. I don't even have $500 for a set of JH5s. So, I am looking to stay between $80-$120. As an example of what I am looking for, something I would consider is the Klipsch S4. I listen to a variety of podcasts, both spoken word and music, for close to 8 hours each day.With all that being said, I'll pose a couple questions. What do you use and have you used? Why do/did you like or dislike it?

Thanks.

Personally I just buy the cheap $10-$15, I got tired of breaking the expensive ones. Eers look pretty cool, but they're a little out of your price range at $200. They were just announced at CES and they have a DIY custom in ear mold kit.

Hey all,

Klipsch S4[/URL].

Thanks.

I've had a pair of these for around eight months.

For the first six months, I'd run with them around 4 times a week; so they had to stand up to significant levels of sweat. Which explains:

Two months ago, the left ear bud decreased in volume output by about half. Nothing I can do to make it better (mono, flipping pans around on board, etc.) I guess I could mix some songs with more volume in the left, but I'm really not interested in doing that for a pair of earbuds.

They sounded good until the left one got messed up. I hardly use them now, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back