East Coast Summer Concert Series (Multiple Positions)

CaptPaul

We are seeking crew for a 50 city, 17 week tour for Summer - Fall 2015. This is a paying gig and you will be traveling via a 45 foot tour bus. Therefore you must be able to live 17 weeks out of a suitcase and laundromats. The crew we are seeking must be gurus in their fields. Please read each description below and select the best fitting position that’s right for you. Remember you must have experience in the position you are applying for. Each position will require you to send us a resume. Some will also require a headshot, links to your work etc. Please keep file size small. During the interview we will discuss pay scales for each position. The average will be $375 - $400 a week. To submit contact matterhorn757 "AT" gmail.com

Positions Needed for the Tour:

Sound Board Operator

We roll with a digital 32 – 48 channel board with a digital snake. For monitors our bands will use in-ear systems, and also have personal digital mixer at each plot position. Our speakers are powered line arrays. There will be 2 bands on the tour and will perform at the same shows. There could be up to 14 different aux mixes per show. You must have an understanding and experience in working with and setup of such equipment.

Light Designer / Light Board Operator

Our shows will operate up to a total of 25 light fixtures. A mix of intelligent and traditional types is included in these fixtures. Additionally some special effects will be used like Co2 smoke and a kabuki drop. The stage is 30’w x 20’ deep and 15’ high of truss. We are seeking a lighting guru that can design a stage and also run the show. As of now the canvas is blank and we will allow you to design something and submit a design (when hired). Please include some examples of your work when you apply, links please. Please note you will need to know how to setup and teardown what you design.

Host / Master of Ceremonies (Female)

We are seeking a female host who is bubbly and loves to have fun. This person should love to interact with people of all ages (mostly 15 – 18 is target demographic). You would appear on stage at every show to introduce the musical acts, hang out in the crowd with patrons, and basically be the face of the tour. Additionally, we will have you host our YouTube channel which will feature small clips shot from the road along the trip. For example, as we roll through Washington DC, we will shoot something in front of the white house etc. We would like the patrons of the shows to know you by the time we get there through these clips on YouTube and Social Media, and looking forward to meeting you. As stated above you will be the face of the tour. Lastly, we may need you to help in our Merchandise area that is setup at each show. Again this allows you to interact with people at the shows. Please include a headshot when you apply for this position.

Camera Operators (2 available)

Camera one will be stationary on a tripod and in front of house position. Shots from this camera will be of stage activities and some action in the crowd area. Camera two will be a roamer and go all over the venue and capture footage. It may even go on the stage for certain angles. Both cameras are 4K cameras so having working knowledge of this new technology and resolutions is a plus. These cameras are full shoulder mount types and have some weight to them. You should be able to carry such equipment on your shoulder for the duration of the 2-3 hour show. Some basic editing knowledge is a plus (Final Cut Pro or other Mac based program).

I'm going to say this in order to keep CB members out of a bad situation...

Good luck. A 57 dollar day rate for a crew head will be nearly impossible to fill... and whoever takes it won't be able to do the job correctly. That is per-diem on most tours. You are paying a 1/3 of where negotiations should start at.

Remember everyone, if you decide to tour you are selling your whole life for that period of time. There is no time off. There is no privacy. It must be worth your while. You can find a good summerstock job that pays this without any issue and you will have more control over your life. Most summerstocks will pay department heads double this and then some... and those are non-profits. I have a feeling this is a for profit show.

Last edited:
To help you figure out a better rate to start at, for 25 movers, a design and working knowledge of cryo and kabuki drop situations. I personally with only 2 years of experience would charge roughly $250/day that's in middle of the country low overhead costs of living. Let alone a tour where I will be on a bus between shows. With little to no personal time.

Thanks for the feedback guys...I'd like to update my original post with an updated fee amount...but I for some reason dont see a way to update this..little help please

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys...I'd like to update my original post with an updated fee amount...but I for some reason dont see a way to update this..little help please

Thanks
On the bottom left of your original post there should be an edit button.

FWIW, I started touring in '08 at just a bit more than that rate. We did however have a $250 a week per diam and a contract with lots of added pay (normal weeks were an extra $100 because of extra shows or quick turn arounds). I was also really only responsible to read the spot cue sheet off the the local operators and try to remember to check that they had actually listened to me. The next year when my responsibility jumped significantly so did the pay rate.

We are seeking crew for a 50 city, 17 week tour for Summer - Fall 2015. This is a paying gig and you will be traveling via a 45 foot tour bus. Therefore you must be able to live 17 weeks out of a suitcase and laundromats. The crew we are seeking must be gurus in their fields. Please read each description below and select the best fitting position that’s right for you. Remember you must have experience in the position you are applying for. Each position will require you to send us a resume. Some will also require a headshot, links to your work etc. Please keep file size small. During the interview we will discuss pay scales for each position. The average will be $375 - $400 a week. To submit contact matterhorn757 "AT" gmail.com

Positions Needed for the Tour:

Sound Board Operator

We roll with a digital 32 – 48 channel board with a digital snake. For monitors our bands will use in-ear systems, and also have personal digital mixer at each plot position. Our speakers are powered line arrays. There will be 2 bands on the tour and will perform at the same shows. There could be up to 14 different aux mixes per show. You must have an understanding and experience in working with and setup of such equipment.

Light Designer / Light Board Operator

Our shows will operate up to a total of 25 light fixtures. A mix of intelligent and traditional types is included in these fixtures. Additionally some special effects will be used like Co2 smoke and a kabuki drop. The stage is 30’w x 20’ deep and 15’ high of truss. We are seeking a lighting guru that can design a stage and also run the show. As of now the canvas is blank and we will allow you to design something and submit a design (when hired). Please include some examples of your work when you apply, links please. Please note you will need to know how to setup and teardown what you design.

Host / Master of Ceremonies (Female)

We are seeking a female host who is bubbly and loves to have fun. This person should love to interact with people of all ages (mostly 15 – 18 is target demographic). You would appear on stage at every show to introduce the musical acts, hang out in the crowd with patrons, and basically be the face of the tour. Additionally, we will have you host our YouTube channel which will feature small clips shot from the road along the trip. For example, as we roll through Washington DC, we will shoot something in front of the white house etc. We would like the patrons of the shows to know you by the time we get there through these clips on YouTube and Social Media, and looking forward to meeting you. As stated above you will be the face of the tour. Lastly, we may need you to help in our Merchandise area that is setup at each show. Again this allows you to interact with people at the shows. Please include a headshot when you apply for this position.

Camera Operators (2 available)

Camera one will be stationary on a tripod and in front of house position. Shots from this camera will be of stage activities and some action in the crowd area. Camera two will be a roamer and go all over the venue and capture footage. It may even go on the stage for certain angles. Both cameras are 4K cameras so having working knowledge of this new technology and resolutions is a plus. These cameras are full shoulder mount types and have some weight to them. You should be able to carry such equipment on your shoulder for the duration of the 2-3 hour show. Some basic editing knowledge is a plus (Final Cut Pro or other Mac based program).

Please note we have raised the salary range to $750 - $950 per week...after feed back from several gurus in the field

CaptPaul, that's a solid decision. You will get a crew that can make your show look fairly amazing and people that will know what they're doing at that rate. It will truly make a difference. It would be a drag to have a 375-400/week crew on a tour. haha, you're really saving your show.

Design, Run, and one-man tech, a light rig? That is a lot of work. I can do it, and do it well, but that would mean leaving my co-workers at my current job in a tight spot, and then probably not making any decent connections for future work on this summer tour. So My weekly rate will need to be $5,882.35, plus Per Diem. Let me know.
Thanks!

Everyone is very busy this year !! The economy is getting stronger. 2005 and before seems likely in the future :)

All areas of the entertainment industries, especially live concert events, film shoots and corporate events :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back