Education Website Take Two- How It Works Tech Edition

LavaASU

So, after my host managed to delete the old website, I finally started rebuilding it hosted by a different company (It's now on my personal website host as opposed to the LAVA one). I decided to add a section on video this time. I currently have the LCD projector one up. The 3-chip DLP is coming soon. The 1-chip DLP one will next time I have a reason to tear one apart or if I get pics from someone. All the old moving light and console stuff (plus some new) is eventually coming back.

Here's the into page: How it Works- Tech Edition

I'd love some advice on any suggested changes to the intro page.

Here's the LCD projector page: http://www.education.silvercreststudios.com/index.php?p=1_9_LCD-Projectors

I'm curious what I can do to make this page more clear? And obviously if anyone catches any mistakes. I don't really have any pictures of the ballast/power supply/ignitor on that one. Would pictures of that section be helpful/worth taking?

Make the text larger, it's under 3mm tall at the surface of my screen :cry:

As for the LCD projector article - it would be useful to have an overview diagram highlighting the various components, then headers for each of those sections. After scrollinjg to the bottom I see a digram sort of like what I'm thinking, but, well, it's at the bottom, and it could be a bit easier to understand/have clickable areas. Some of the text is conflicting - "The ballast and power supply are located on the upper right portion" vs. the diagram that shows it in the top left. Nicer photos would be good, too.

Whoops... typo. Yeah, the ballast and power supply are in the upper left, not right. I'll fix that. Thanks! I'll work on the font size. I was having a tough time with changing fonts on the editor.

So, instead of asking what I should've done, I'll ask first on this. I'm doing a PM on one of our 1-DLP projectors in the next couple of weeks and will be taking the photos/video for the site. What do you guys want to see?

I'm planning on doing the overview as well as the different layers.
Do you guys want to see more details of the PSU/Ballast? I don't have pics of that on the others because I don't usually take it apart, but I can (and giving it a visual inspection wouldn't be a bad thing).
Theres not a ton of moving parts in a projector (pretty much color wheel and fans)... do you want video of it running?
What else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back