Eos Magic Sheets

Is this the open beta console firmware or is it the OLE?
I thought the open beta was only for the console firmware, but it looks like your using an OLE?
howd you get it, just contact ETC?

They have both OLE as well as console beta software available via request on the ETC forum. And of course they released the beta 2.0 manual today.

I'm normally reluctant to use beta software, especially on a critical device such as a lighting console, yet was aware that 2.0 has been out in use for a while, so felt confident with it. Then I saw the release date of 3/18 and realizing I had use for the features on some complicated shows at the end of March, wanted a head start on learning it, so put in a request.

Last edited:
And as I discovered this morning, encouraged by a reply to a post of mine on the ETC forum about wanting Ch Labels to get Lightwright Purpose data, I was reminded that in the magic sheet configuration of the channel button(s), you have the ability to select data to be be displayed on (pretty much any) button, the Text fields from the Patch data base.

Thus if you imported from Lightwright the Purpose and Color, that data can be viewed on the buttons in the Magic Sheet and will automatically populate those buttons once you tell the button which channel it is.

You then need to be aware of the size of the purpose name, in terms of whether it's a very long descriptive name such as "Side Blues 1 Wing Stage Right", and maybe truncate it to " Blu 1W R" or some such. And you need to be aware you are going to do this when you create the buttons, in terms of paying attention that button is large enough to display the text, as well as not too large for the use.

Cool stuff !

I used the Magic Sheet today for the first time on a one-off kid show of Sleeping Beauty - the same show for the magic sheet I posted on 3/6.

I was actually building looks from subs to other subs for the SM to run, so was not using the touch screens buttons to recall channels and set levels.

The advantage I found to this display was impressive. I could see not what the channel levels were (so old school - and I could, I had the tombstone view open as well)), but more importantly, what the lights were doing - I.W. what was on, about what level, did I miss a channel in the look, etc...

This is a very similar system to Virtual Magic Sheet - the West Side Systems software used by Richard Pilbrow among others.

Going to be a time saver, me thinks.

I just got on board and downloaded the Beta. Going to school to play later. This is how I have fun during spring break. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back