ETC eos LED Control

carsonld

When controling LEDs on the eos, I know that I am able to color match using the gel swatch option on the board. The problem with that is if I have it color math R83 it will just adjust the RGB values but not the brightness value. Thus making it challenging to have the LED blend in with the other incandescent sources that are in R83. Is there an option that makes it when I color match the gel swatch that it also adjust the brightness parameter and not just the RGB parameters?

I am aware that I can control the inenstity. I was more looking to see if the board also automatically knew R83 means R: 5% G: 0% B 95% Intensity: 33% to match the actual R83 color and transmission.

I can kind of see why you want it, but it seems like such a waste of equipment. One of the biggest benefits to LED's is that they do so much better with saturated colors. The console automatically dimming lights to match would be counterproductive. Also, what would it dim them relative to? Should it match the theoretical intensity of a 750watt source 4 or a 360Q or a 5k fresnel?

My reccomendation would be to not mix LEDs and conventionals in the same systems, but instead use them to compliment each other.

What version of Eos software are you running? If it is version 2.3.3 or later then in the gel picker you have the option for the "Brightest" match or the best "Spectral" match (on the far left side of the gel picker at the top). While this isn't going to give you the intensity change you desire it may help the adjustment a bit more than what you have already (assuming you are in Spectral mode now or running older code).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back