ETC EOS Submaster Question

yes... I'll refer you to the manual for that specific question in that way... have a look at the effects sub section and specifically the FX Master Fader Type.

However... my preferred EOS busking option for what I'm guessing you're trying to do is a magic sheet / direct selects, (Forward, reverse, mirror, offset, fan, rate, size).... though you could also potentially use a palette... this is probably a situation of there's 10 ways to do something and we'll all have our own ways, but in any case we can get more specific of how we would do it if you can share a little more about the result you're after.... even the an FX Sub might be the easiest and if that's where you're comfortable go for it. That's a best to read the manual and walk through step by step though...

Thanks for the response. I sometimes (as in this case) lack the patience of plodding along through the manual. But... I have and I have yet to achieve the desired outcome. Anyway... Yes...busking is the goal. Magic sheets are in use and are continually being tweaked. Direct selects not so much...yet. In any event, after a group of movers achieve their position in a cue, I was trying to find a simple, quick method via a sub set-up, to then begin an FX manually, and have the ability to change rate and size as music tempo changes. I'll run back through the FX Master Fader Type section in the manual.

Thanks for the response. I sometimes (as in this case) lack the patience of plodding along through the manual. But... I have and I have yet to achieve the desired outcome. Anyway... Yes...busking is the goal. Magic sheets are in use and are continually being tweaked. Direct selects not so much...yet. In any event, after a group of movers achieve their position in a cue, I was trying to find a simple, quick method via a sub set-up, to then begin an FX manually, and have the ability to change rate and size as music tempo changes. I'll run back through the FX Master Fader Type section in the manual.
Specifically page 355 should answer that question. Though it dawns on me that link is for 2.9, not sure if the page changes in the new manual which I also have somewhere around here, but not in a link at the moment....

What you're asking for is best done with groups of faders (int, size, rate) for a fixed group of fixtures. One fader group for each relative effect.
The magic sheet approach allows flexibility to build a command line fast.
Do read up on the global rate master. It will affect all effects!
Another encouragement for the global rate master. I used to have an fx rate and fx size fader for every effect (so each effect could be brought in/out gradually and the rate could be adjusted). Thankfully I eventually found the global rate fader, put that on a magic sheet and now the fader banks are alot smaller.

A heads up, that global rate fader can be placed on multiple fader banks. However the multiple instances don't mimic each other (maybe there's an option for that somewhere? Maybe it's user error on my part). IE, if you've got 2 global rate faders on different fader banks. Adjusting global rate fader 1 to 25% will not adjust global fader 2 to that value. Global fader 2 will remain at whatever value it was at. This will cause unexpected results as you try and set an effect to a certain tempo and don't realize there's another global fader somewhere.
For this reason, I'd suggest placing the global fader 1x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back