Automated Fixtures ETC Express and S4 Revolution Gobo Problem

amberjel

Hi all. I have a problem with old equipment I wish I could get rid of. Anyways, I have 2 S4 Revolutions programmed on an ETC express. Everything is working except for the gobo rotators, which appear to be patched correctly. Any ideas why this would be the only function not working? They worked previously, but fidgety fingers got into the board and we had to restore the settings to a previous show. Thanks.

Hi all. I have a problem with old equipment I wish I could get rid of. Anyways, I have 2 S4 Revolutions programmed on an ETC express. Everything is working except for the gobo rotators, which appear to be patched correctly. Any ideas why this would be the only function not working? They worked previously, but fidgety fingers got into the board and we had to restore the settings to a previous show. Thanks.

First off, if you want to get rid of the revs, let me know.

Second. what is not working with the RWMs? Are they not rotating? Are they not indexing? are they not changing gobos? Odds are it is a patch issue. Are you using a profile for them in fixture patch or just patched manually? You need to remember that the channel that controls the gobo indexing/rotation speed is a 16-bit attribute so it should be taking up two channels. Also there is a gobo mode channel that you need to set to the right value for the mode you want (index, rotate CW, Rotate CCW). Really need a few more details to help though.

First off, if you want to get rid of the revs, let me know.

Second. what is not working with the RWMs? Are they not rotating? Are they not indexing? are they not changing gobos? Odds are it is a patch issue. Are you using a profile for them in fixture patch or just patched manually? You need to remember that the channel that controls the gobo indexing/rotation speed is a 16-bit attribute so it should be taking up two channels. Also there is a gobo mode channel that you need to set to the right value for the mode you want (index, rotate CW, Rotate CCW). Really need a few more details to help though.

Thanks! They are using a profile. It seems like they're not indexing, but I'm going to have to take a closer look, it was a hang and run situation the other day. I hope to get back to look at them this week. I believe they are only patched to one channel, though so that is probably the problem. I'll double check it and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back