Control/Dimming ETC Express cue to run in background

Backlight

Hi all,
I'm new to forum and did post to the new user introduction thread. Great to be aboard.

I tried searching for help on my issue but couldn't find anything.

I'm using an ETC express 48/96 and would like to know how to program an ICue mirror so that I can run a cue (using a gobo projection from the mirror) that will slowly move across the upstage wall during the entire show. Of course I will be running other LQ's on top of that. I want the gobo to move infinitely slowly during the whole play.

Not sure if it is a macro, or an effect, or what??

Thanks in advance for your help! I don't use this board all that often so I'm a bit adrift!

Kevin

You might try loading the cue on a submaster. You can attach a time to it, (which I believe you can override if necessary--a happy thing during tech), and other cues running on your C/D faders shouldn't mess with it. Check out the "Loading cues or groups to submasters" section in the manual (p169).

Shouldn't need to do anything special. Just give the movement cue a time of 99:59 (or hopefully the act is less), and use [TRK] instead of [REC]. As long as no subsequent cue contains the pan and tilt channels of the I-Cue, those channels should continue in the background, while other cues run. Be sure to use the 16-bit fixture personality, and even then you may experience some jerkiness when moving that slow. The workaround would then be to divide the motion into smaller movements.

Are you talking about one move across or a back and forth thing? If it is just one move across than do what Darek says. Using the fixture personality automatically makes the pan and tilt channels LTP so they can run in background fades. If it is a back and forth thing than it becomes a bit more complicated.

Last edited:
The other way to do it is to run all your regular cues on the A/B fader and then run the long move cue on the C/D fader. This way, they won't interfere with eachother.

A show I've worked on used the C/D faders for a sunset while multiple other cues happened on the A/B faders, like icewolf said. It worked quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back