Etc Ion dual monitor issue

bens

Hi guys
We recently had to move our Ion out the theatre for an event at a different venue, and we returned the desk to the theatre today, however upon returning only one of our two screens works. It is all plugged in correctly and when I turn on the screen it says "No input source found" and the screen turns off.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Ben

In the setup mode (not once the console has booted, but the menu with different boot options), check the settings for monitors. It sounds like the second monitor isn't enabled.

That sounds like it will do the trick, but how do I access this setup menu?

If the console is on, then go to the CIA and "Exit Ion". Then hit OK. Then you will see several tabs, one of then is "Settings". Hit this and you will find many useful options. One of them is monitor management, or something like that.

Once there, drag the second monitor to where is is in real life, i.e. to the left or right of the first then you will be able to enable the monitor.

LS

During the boot process, you'll see a countdown screen "5-4-3-2-1". Before you hit 1, press on that box and go into the shell settings. You enable and calibrate the monitors here in shell.

Page 338 of the v2.0 Ion manual has the information about enabling and setting up the monitors.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you may need to boot into Windows to fix the issue. I've had this happen on occasion before as well, usually on the older ION's that have the DVI splitter. If this turns out to be the case, the tech support folks at ETC should be able to quickly walk you through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back