ETC Ion Effect Duration Cycle

Txreilly

Hi all,

I successfully created a camera flash effect and successfully recorded the effect to a fader AND in a cue. I recorded the effect with a cycle time of 2.39 seconds and a duration of 1-cycle. When I execute the effect in the fader using one of the bump buttons the effect runs for 1 cycle. All is good! Problem, when I execute the exact same effect in a cue, the effect runs (loops) until the auto-follow (a restore cue) is completed. The only way I've been able to stop the effect in the time I desired was to change the cue and the AF to the time of the effect.

Details: Type-Step Based, Scale-N/A, Cycle time-2.39, Duration/Cycle-1 cycles, parameters-(blank), Attributes-Forward Positive, Entry-Cascade Fade by Size with time-cue/sub, Exit-Immediate fade by size with Time-cue/sub

Okay, typing the question drew my attention to "Time-cue/sub." I used the mouse to select both times for Entry and Exit and changed them to "0." If you select them with mouse and hit the <enter> key you can restore them to "cue/sub." I got the effect I wanted. The effect ran for one cycle and stopped. Apparently the "cue/sub" time over-rides the "cycles"? I still have experimenting to do. I'm posting this anyway in hopes that it might come in handy to those having the same problem.

Anthony

The Cue/Sub time should only affect how the effect fades in and out. If you set the number of cycles to 1, it should only run once, however, if you don't stop the effect in the subsequent cue, it will run again (for one cycle). So, if you have not stopped the effect in the follow cue, the effect will run again.

The Cue/Sub time should only affect how the effect fades in and out. If you set the number of cycles to 1, it should only run once, however, if you don't stop the effect in the subsequent cue, it will run again (for one cycle). So, if you have not stopped the effect in the follow cue, the effect will run again.
Great! I typed the channels that are in the effect and then typed <effect> 3 <enter>. It stopped the effect. How can I just take the effect out of the cue? There's an "EXT LINKS" column and "E 3" is in the column. I looked in the manual and it told me how to stop the effect, but not how to remove it from a cue.

Thanks much,

Anthony

Great! I typed the channels that are in the effect and then typed <effect> 3 <enter>. It stopped the effect. How can I just take the effect out of the cue? There's an "EXT LINKS" column and "E 3" is in the column. I looked in the manual and it told me how to stop the effect, but not how to remove it from a cue.

Thanks much,

Anthony
In the cue after the effect, you should do what you did, though you might want to select the channels in the effect and then stop the effect. In the channel tombstones it should read "stop" in red. You should also set a level for the channels (out is fine if you want them out, but make it a hard 0). Then update the cue.

In the EXT Links column you should see the effect listed in the cue you want it in, and then nothing in the subsequent cue.

In the cue after the effect, you should do what you did, though you might want to select the channels in the effect and then stop the effect. In the channel tombstones it should read "stop" in red. You should also set a level for the channels (out is fine if you want them out, but make it a hard 0). Then update the cue.

In the EXT Links column you should see the effect listed in the cue you want it in, and then nothing in the subsequent cue.
Thanks much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back