Control/Dimming ETC ION Follow/Hang

abschrack

Hey all. I've got an ETC ION and when I'm trying to record a cue the Follow/Hang button will not respond. As in, nothing happens. It's not that the board is giving me an error, it's that the button in't actually doing anything. I've checked the manual and made sure the syntax is correct. I've tried looking through the settings and haven't been able to find anything that is blocking it. Any ideas?

Have you made sure you look in the manual supplements from the updates? I know at least one update address Hang/Follow.

What software version are you using? With 1.9.8 the [Follow/Hang] key became [Shift]. It sounds like this is what is going on because [Shift] wouldn't do anything on it's own without another key pressed. [Follow/Hang] is now accessed through a softkey or my pressing [Shift] + [Delay]. It's a good idea to read the software release notes and especially the Manual Supplements when you install an update.
http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/Eos_Family_v1.9.10_Operations_Manual_Supplement.pdf

This would also be useful to you.

-Tim

Hi there,

It sounds like you're running version 1.9.8 or higher. With 1.9.8, the Follow/Hang key was replaced by Shift. It is now a softkey, and you can also press Shift+Delay (Follow) or Shift+Delay+Delay (Hang) to get to those functions.

More information can be found in the 1.9.8 release notes and manual supplements, as there were a few other commands that changed a bit.

EDIT: Simulposted! I like the way you think, xander! :)

Sent from my Samsung Mesmerize using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Ah yeah, that was it. I was helping a friend with cue set and was trying to show her how to use follow/hang. I didn't realize there had been an update since I last used an Ion. Thanks!

The Ion console in question should have had new keycaps installed when the software was updated.

From Eos Family v1.9.8 is released and posted to the product pages/downloads - Electronic Theatre Controls :
... When you download the software, you will be prompted to order a 1.9.8 cap set. If you have not yet updated your desks to the new keycaps (full set) that we starting shipping a year or so ago, you will be provided an opportunity to order that cap set as well. There is not a charge for either keycap set. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back