ETC Ion freezing and going into blackout..HELP!

Not surprised by that at all. They do have a surface mount machine and I believe that they manufacture most, if not all of their boards there. (and this goes for all of their products - dimmer racks, consoles, LED fixtures,etc) However, they don't make the chips themselves, nor the hard drives, ram, LED's, etc....

I havent had a chance to call them but we are still battling the problem....I will call in later this week..... I am thinking it has something to do with how nobody has updated the console since it was bought in 2009... I will call ETC Again but I think I will update it too.

Thanks, Griffin Hartz

Griffin, your last post was in December, Is it fixed, what did you do? Easter Sunday 11:00 1000 people in the room; the ION screens looked funny, the mouse point moved but looked funny, would not click on anything, I ask for cue 2 to start the service, nothing. I went to the chevrons to reboot, nothing, I pushed the power button and it did reboot; now Cue 1 died and we were in the dark except for the house windows. It threw me a box with something about accept, I did and it came to life and the service went on. No problems since. The board is on the church LAN with a fire wall protecting it from the internet. I sent the logs to ETC and they don't see it. It appears that the log turned it self on and then off in July and August when it was new. The software is one version back. ETC suggested I upgrade. Thanks john

I suggest you completely remove it from that network and give it it's own private secure network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a new patch out to v1.9.10 of the Eos software that has to do with errant shutdowns... Possibly a factor in some the issues mentioned.

What dimmers do you have? Most will hold their last state for some time before going dark. It sounds like the board is telling them to black out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back