ETC ION - why some channels disappear from memory?

lilykhk

I finished a show with ETC ION and bring along the same console to go touring.
When I saw my cues, I found there are some channels disappear from cues and Group, as well as Effect cues. I am sure there was some function be misused. Pls advise how to fix it!

P.S. I am a LD . My prorammer is the frist time to use ION; both of us are not familar with ION.

I finished a show with ETC ION and bring along the same console to go touring.
When I saw my cues, I found there are some channels disappear from cues and Group, as well as Effect cues. I am sure there was some function be misused. Pls advise how to fix it!

P.S. I am a LD . My prorammer is the frist time to use ION; both of us are not familar with ION.

Check your soft patch then test that you have control of every channel you're using.
Do this with all gear connected to ensure everything is actually working, has power and control.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Try pressing the 'Flexi' key a few times to toggle through the various display filtering modes. It may be as simple as being in a Flexi state where some channels don't show because they don't fit the criteria to be seen.

Thanks. I will try it soon.

just some more note. Not only cannot be seen on Display monitor; but those missing channels really haven't on the cues. However, I surely those channels should be recorded on certain cues, Group and Effect.

Hi @lilykhk ,
You mentioned that you are on tour, is it possible that you are deleting the channels when repatching from venue to venue instead of only changing the address in patch? Deleting the channels will remove their associated data which is why we ask for confirmation before executing the command. (More information on deleting versus unpatching channels can be found on page 66 of the Ion Operations Manual)

Hi @lilykhk ,
You mentioned that you are on tour, is it possible that you are deleting the channels when repatching from venue to venue instead of only changing the address in patch? Deleting the channels will remove their associated data which is why we ask for confirmation before executing the command. (More information on deleting versus unpatching channels can be found on page 66 of the Ion Operations Manual)
Is this the same as unpatching channels?

Is this the same as unpatching channels?
Deleting is not the same as unpatching. Unpatching channels removes the address reference while keeping the associated channel data (groups, cues, palettes, presets, etc.) in tact. Deleting the channel will delete the patched address in addition to all of the associated channel data.

Changing the patched address or removing the address only by using the {Unpatch} command is the best way to preserve channel data.

Ok cool, I thought so but just wanted to clarify there was a difference. Just doing something like (channel format) [1][THRU][1][0][0][AT][ENTER] in the patch screen retains show data. Would seem odd if they were using [DELETE] in place of at/enter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back