Control/Dimming ETC NET3 Wi-Fi & iRFR Issues

Hey All,

I'm having some issues getting my wireless router properly configured to allow me to connect into my EOS and ION consoles on my building's lighting network.

I have the router (Linksys E2500) set in AP mode and have turned off DHCP. I've got it set to bridged mode.

I've set the IP of the router to: 10.101.124.101 and Subnet to: 255.255.0.0 as per the ETC KB Article:
KnowledgeBase: ETC Network IP Addresses - Electronic Theatre Controls

My IP address on my EOS is 10.101.90.101
My IP address on my ION is 10.101.50.137
Both Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

We also have an ION in the other theatre that is on the same lighting network as are our 5 paradigm processors and AMX controllers for the architectural side. Our Sensor Racks are on the standard 10.101.101.10x for our 5 racks in the building and our smartswitches are also IP'd in there. The installation was set to give discrete control in the different parts of the building so I am not able to change IP address on the consoles, as this could create some conflicts in other parts of the system.

I've reset to factory defaults on the wireless router, I've turned off firewalls, turned off any security functions, even removed the WPA PSK password just to try and get it to work. I've set my IP on my iPhone as a static IP of 10.101.124.101 as per the ETC KB article and subnet to 255.255.0.0 and I still can't seem to get my iRFR to recognize any of my consoles, I just get the "not found" red circle with a cross symbol.

Any suggestions or help would be great.

Thanks!
-B

Just to confirm - you have already set up profiles for the consoles in the app?

Sent from a mobile device

the IP of the router is the same as the IP of your phone? shouldn't the IP be something else? I dont think it works too well to have two devices with the same IP address.

Since your subnet is 255.255.0.0, you should theoretically be able to control it from any IP inside of 10.101.x.x

If you're using the same IP address on a router and on a device trying to connect to that router, you're gonna have a bad time. Try using .102 as the last octet on your iPhone's IP address. From a computer on the same network as the consoles (can be your laptop, but again use a different 10.101.x.x number than everything else), ensure you can use the console command ping to send and receive basic ICMP packets to and from your iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back