ETC R20 problems

msawyer52

Working with a HS with a sensor+ 96 rack. Last year converted over to all LED fixtures. Third electric is not functioning. Third electric relay in the rack shows no lights on the signal or power. Reset the breaker switch has no effect. Swapped in a known good relay. Shows no lights for signal or power. Flipping the breaker switch gives a momentary flash of the power light and you hear the relay cycle and then shuts off, no Lights. Put the first relay in the swapped location and functions fine. Any suggestions of what to look for next? Thanks

ETC has finally admitted to me there is a firmware problem with R20's shipped last fall. Contact tech support and they should be able to help. I'm waiting on three new ones to arrive today so I can send the old one's back.

ETC has finally admitted to me there is a firmware problem with R20's shipped last fall. Contact tech support and they should be able to help. I'm waiting on three new ones to arrive today so I can send the old one's back.
What issues are the firmware causing?

In my case they were switching on and off randomly. There are several LEDs visible from the front on the pcb that tell a code that in my case showed that problem.

Weird, since it's only on the one slot I would assume it's an overload/short on the load side of the relay. If you are getting replacements from ETC all the better.

Have you confirmed that you're sending that relay data? What happens if you bring it up at the CEM?
ETC recommends checking the contacts on the back of the CEM for corrosion and try to clean if necessary. Haven't been back in the facility since the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back