ETC Savvy people? Network issue

What kind of network switch are you using? Anything fancy? If it's just a standard switch, it's probably not that. Does the gateway power up? What does it show on the screen? Do you have a firewall on the computer interfering?

Linksys 16-port non-PoE switch
Model number? Did you pay more than $400 for it. If you did, it may be managing things you don't want it to. Network Management is a double-edge sword. You likely don't want it (or want to know about it) until you need it. Then when you do, setting it up can be a real bear.

Can you ping the gateway from your PC? (command prompt ping 10.101.54.101) If it says 'destination host unreachable', you need to check your subnet masks on your PC's NIC. If you can ping it, then your issue may be in the switch.

I had a similar problem a few months back.
Check that your version of Concert is up to date. I think that a console software upgrade caused by gateways to update, so my old Concert version didn't work.
If you have an ETC Cobalt or Eos, Concert is installed in the system shell.
Take care,
John

Even though you can ping, GCE requires that the first 3 blocks of the IP and the full subnet be the same on all items you want to modify.

You can hide nodes on the network if only the first 2 blocks on the IP and the entire subnet is the same, this will still be connected to the network and receive net3, you just wont see it in the GCE.

That's usually the most common thing I see unless your AV or firewall is blocking access.

Still double check the Concert Version. If I remember correctly, Eos and Cobalt install Concert 2.0.0 at the factory while the current release of Concert is 2.0.2
Also Concert now as a Find Unreachable Devices wizard that you can use to locate gateways on the network and change their IP addresses to be able to see/configure in Concert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back