Conventional Fixtures Fair Market Price for Used Fresnels

We're trying to get rid of a few obsolete instruments in our facility. Its fallen to me to find a fair price for 3 gently used LeeColortran 6" fresnels. I guess they're technically Leviton, now. I found some new, online, for $351, but those are brand new. Any suggestions as to pricing, or where I could find some used instruments to compare? I've checked ebay and amazon and all the regular stage websites. They mostly deal in new instruments, though. Any help would be welcome. Thanx: Tabi

Also, which model of the Colortran? The 750W or 1000W model? It makes a big difference.

I have several of the 1K's - I love 'em. Easy to focus and I get burned less that I do with the Altman's!

Agree with Derek, while E-Bay might be insane in price for a "antique" still sold at times, at at times normal prices do flux some... a goal of $65.00 might be good in listing say at less. A Fresnel is a Fresnel for all intensive purposes - the studio ones often have less a focus range, but on using compensated for. Current E-bay conditions might raise expectations over new dealer or list price expectations of buyinig new.

$65.00 was probably the retail price back when and a good goal to expect. Off main brand Fresnel is harder to sell by way of everyone wants the standard brand say 65Q from Altman. Goal would be for that price in them and not more realistically.

The last time I bought used mid-90's era Colotran Studio Fresnels (1K watts) I paid $50ea ...just my $0.02

Last time, a few weeks ago I bought a Century Rear Crank style 6" Fresnel c. 1967 or before, it was for like $24.00. Same basic focus beam spread. These are no longer name brand Fresnels, the Altman standard is the standard as it were and even if no better or worse... Altman has cornered the market on 6" Fresnel as ETC for a LEKO. The prices for their gear is the bench mark.

Last time, a few weeks ago I bought a Century Rear Crank style 6" Fresnel c. 1967 or before, it was for like $24.00. Same basic focus beam spread. These are no longer name brand Fresnels, the Altman standard is the standard as it were and even if no better or worse... Altman has cornered the market on 6" Fresnel as ETC for a LEKO. The prices for their gear is the bench mark.

I don't know anyone that prefers an altman fresnel unless the only goal is cheap.

Fair enough in debate in me also not knowing anyone that doesn't prefer the 65Q in at times sales requests specific to this brand and part for stage light usage.

Assuming personal choices of ETC or Selicon brand specific fresnels are not the goal to refrence, for a base of what is a Fresnel the 65Q (non-crank) I think the standard is still the 65Q for all Fresnels to compare with. That the Altman is a cheap Fresnel, does it do it's job or is there problems in quality? Is it cost effective as per good Fresnel beam of light that anything else compares to as that base standard? It is the standard and base of Fresnel lighting I think to compare with. Not cheap - the base standard.

Cheap... I can remember when I was doing shows.. the price of them isn't as per a bottle of glue in expanse any more cheap than, than now. Ceap??? not something one can mostly afford as per cheap to just get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back