Fire Retardent Reapplication to Soft Goods

Chris Chapman

Does anyone know any of the contacts for the companies that come on site and re-apply flame retardent to soft goods? Mine are getting past their due dates and I understand some companies will come to your venue and reapply. Has anyone ever used one of these services and have any good or bad stories to tell of the experience?

Thanks!

I have always shipped them out, but I think it can be done. Give your local drapery house a call and see what they suggest. Even better, call the company that name is on the tag of the soft good.

You can save yourself a ton of money treating the goods yourself. A $ 20.00 common garden weed sprayer and the right chemicals for the particular material along with application hints from an experienced pro takes all the magic out of the process.

I did flameproofing for almost 30 years in the NYC Metro area.

You can save yourself a ton of money treating the goods yourself. A $ 20.00 common garden weed sprayer and the right chemicals for the particular material along with application hints from an experienced pro takes all the magic out of the process.

I did flameproofing for almost 30 years in the NYC Metro area.

How do you get around fire marshals wanting to see current tags?

There seems to be an issue with doing it yourself and tags, and making sure you are meeting requirements.

I'm looking at a 70x21 main drape, 6 10 foot wide, 20 foot tall legs, 6 8 foot by 70 foot borders and a cyc. Shipping is more than a little bit of a concern.

The laws are probably different from state to state. When I was in the business in New Jersey, no license or certification was required. As long as the material passed the standard flame test there was no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back