Free Stuff from Kelite!

As far as apollo goes, I love their gobo's. Esp when i need animal gobos. All of my custom gobos are also from apollo. Nothing against rosco, but i feel apollo always takes very good care of me.

Thanks for the kind words Tim (you too Hughesie)!

Keep and ear out for a press release regarding the Apollo steel custom and catalog gobos in the future. Just when you thought they were tough enough- we've gone one better.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

:)

If Rosco was smart they would be paying attention to the discontent among their customers; or maybe they're too huge to care.

Now to prove to you lot that Rosco really could not care less about their customers, the swatch request form on their website, when you select the Australia option from the drop down box so it goes to the Australian office,you fill in the form and it dispenses a message via email. I know this because I got a message back from their mail server to first tell me that my message had been delayed and then a day later to tell me delivery had permanently failed. I think it's time for Pauline Hanson's infamous "Please Explain"...

darn your lucky, i didn't even get a message saying it had failed

Can someone like, smack ROSCO, this terrible customer service is going to be there undoing, I reckon.

Well... "When you're #1, you don't have to try as hard," said the giant Kliegl Bros. to little upstart ETC in 1982. edit: Joke!

I'm quoting that. Yes.

it's a shame because i was just about to invest my millions of dollars in the worlds biggest gel database

but now i will have to go with apollo

sigh :)

but seriously if i had the budget i should have to think twice before selecting them as the gel venue supplier

I've made several attempts to contact Rosco (Aus) for Gobo's and things and rarely had any answer at all. I cannot find a reliable agent in SA for them so have taken to buying from WA by e-mail.

Tony, perhaps you have a working relationship with John McKissock of Clearlight Shows Pty Ltd. (?) John has many theatrical fixtures, accessories, and expendables available due to his numerous dealerships held. You may find Clearlight at http://www.clearlight.com.au

My school's main lighting supplier is clearlight, i think they are based in melbourne but i do remember us getting rolls of gels from them. really good hire company.

my ten cents

Thanks Corey. I'm sure your next party will demonstrate your relationship with them.

If you order more gum... they'll send you more gel too... at least they used to.

If only it went that way...

I actually got one of these gel kits a while ago, and was very happy with it. (But then again, I love all swag!) I have yet to use it, because I haven't designed a show with enough time or budget yet, but this year I know I get at least one, so we'll see if I can get some perf gel.

Apollo always has the best customer service. I also have a binder/portfolio from them I use for shows. I think it also came with gum? Yummy.

Thanks Kelite, glad to have you here!

edit: Oh, and AP gel names are fantastic too.

(Because my name in Real-Life-Land is Daphne, so it's obvious I should use Apollo gel. Hahaha.)

Last edited:
Apollo always has the best customer service. I also have a binder/portfolio from them I use for shows. I think it also came with gum? Yummy.

Thanks Kelite, glad to have you here!

edit: Oh, and AP gel names are fantastic too.

(Because my name in Real-Life-Land is Daphne, so it's obvious I should use Apollo gel. Hahaha.)

Thanks for the kind words Daphne, I'll pass them along to the smallish elves that live in our tree producing gobos of all types and sizes. The elves cousins next door actually make the gum we send out with each order...

Regarding the gel names- send us your ideas! We love to hear the creative names that technicians come up with (after a 6 hour load-out)!

haha.. I seem to always keep that Beechies gum they always send in with stock/customer orders. I love how they have thier logo on the other side too. I horde them without anyone else knowing. I told Rita on her last visit to make sure they always send me spearment.. ;)

Apollo is a great company and they always take care of their customers. The gum is just a small added bonus that I honestly look forward to. :) I think Rita mentioned that you guys produce so many of those daily you have a hard time even keeping them in stock.

As for other free combo kits like this that someone mentioned in an earlier post, I wish I knew of some more for you, but I can't think of any offhand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back