Frog 2

What experiences have people had with a Frog 2. We are considering one for a church setting and would like to hear of experiences using this board for shows and busking events. We own scanners, LED's and conventional fixtures with plans to add movers.

What's your budget? I haven't used a Frog 2 so I can't express an opinion, but threads like this are usually more helpful when we can discussion the options at your price range.

Unlike many, I am actually a fan of many of Zero 88's products and I still use my original Frog, but the FrogOS that the Frog 2 runs is pretty long in the tooth at this point and there are several vastly superior options available on the market in the same price range as a new Frog 2. Even sticking with Zero 88, the ORB and ORB XF both list for several hundred dollars less than the Frog 2 and run a newer and, IMHO, better OS. Furthermore, the ETC Element, possible the ETC Ion, and some of the more entry level Strand Pallet offerings are all around this area. I honestly can't see how the Frog 2 could come out ahead of all of these options.

We are trying to stay in the $7000.00 range. I can get a demonstrator Frog 2 for $5400.00 but I don't know anything about them.

We are trying to stay in the $7000.00 range. I can get a demonstrator Frog 2 for $5400.00 but I don't know anything about them.

I am a fan of Zero88 also, but with this budget, I would personally go for an ETC Element. Being an industry standard, it will be easier to get serviced, and more people will know how to use it.

I worked on an install for a nightclub with a leap frog 2 and HATED busking concerts off of it! Unresponsive buttons and a frustrating layout kept it work operating well. Also there were bugs, you know, things like effects not offsetting, so your lights are moving in the same spot at the same time.

I must say their support from over the pond was great, and that was the only positive of my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back