Mixers/Consoles GL2200 Power Issues

Our 24 channel GL2200 stopped working last week. When connected to power and turned on, the "internal supply active" LED turns on extremely dimly. None of the front panel LEDs illuminate.

I checked the fuse with a multimeter and it is fine. I also measured zero voltage at the desk lamp BNC connector.
All of this leads me to believe that the internal power supply has kicked the bucket.

The board was "borrrowed" (by a student technician that graduated 8 years ago) and used at an extremely dusty outdoor music event last summer. There was very little dust on the inside, but the fan on the PSU seems more difficult to turn that I expected, so maybe the dust killed the fan and caused overheating. However, the board has operated perfectly for the past 8 months or so.

We do not have an external power supply available to test with.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the power supply? Should I just contact the local shop and see if they can order a replacement and swap it out? I know that the GL2200 has been discontinued, so I am unsure of the availability of spare parts.

That sounds like a typical power supply failure. When the fan bearings go, the power supply will endure for a while and eventually die. The easy fix would be to replace the supply and the fan. If you want to gamble on parts and time, and have good soldering skills, replace all of the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, along with the fan. The electrolytics are what is most often affected by long term exposure to heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back