GMA 3 freezing issue

Szarekh

So, this isn't an issue I have been able to recreate but a few LDs I work with have reported that ether sections of the GM3 full console freezes or a few of the touch screens and they have no idea why. I'm trying to track down a reason why this is happening but with no luck. Have you or anyone you know with a GMA3 console experience anything like this?

It's -32°F (wind chill) in My Fair City. The MA aint the only thing freezing!

I've heard this anecdote, too, but have yet to meet an LD who can say that it happened to them. Seems to be one of those things where the buddy of a friend on some unnamed tour had this problem in some unnamed venue on some date nobody can recall....

Has it happened? Probably, but whomever it happened to needs to step up an verify, or Grand needs to step up and tell us it's either 1) not a verified problem or 2) has been fixed with a firmware update.

I’ll step up to the lectern and identify myself as a user who had this happen to me. Just as you described it, complete sections of the console becoming unresponsive and screens freezing on a MA3 Full Size. It got so bad that we swapped it out with our 2. Haven't seen it happen in awhile though.

Recently though I've had the Ethernet ports reassign themselve and flip in the middle of a sACN merge. Suddenly we completely drop the rig. If we move it to port 2 it'll come back until it flips again. We have our next event coming up here soon with New Year's, we shall see if the gremlins return.

I’ll step up to the lectern and identify myself as a user who had this happen to me. Just as you described it, complete sections of the console becoming unresponsive and screens freezing on a MA3 Full Size. It got so bad that we swapped it out with our 2. Haven't seen it happen in awhile though.

Recently though I've had the Ethernet ports reassign themselve and flip in the middle of a sACN merge. Suddenly we completely drop the rig. If we move it to port 2 it'll come back until it flips again. We have our next event coming up here soon with New Year's, we shall see if the gremlins return.
Thanks for the confirmation! Ethernet ports "flipping" sounds like a firmware/MoBo issue.

Does the result stay the same if the console runs in MA2 mode?

Our MA3 Lite spends most of it's time in Mode 2, has been flawless to date.

We were thinking about giving Mode 3 another shot, perhaps it's worth waiting a bit longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back