Control/Dimming Gma2 wing

Grand MA2 onPC, who's using it?

Like the title says, who's running GMA2onPC wing? What do you think about it? Have you used ETC Eos series software and how do you like it comparatively? I'm looking at consoles and would like some end user experiences about the MA2 software. I'm an ETC Eos console line programmer and like it, but looking at my options. I can do MA2 wing with a laptop and two external touch screens for a lot less than an ION, Wing and 2 touch screens.

Edit, yes I realize an ION with a wing gives me more faders but I'm still trying to keep my mind open to options.

Re: Grand MA2 onPC, who's using it?

I bought mine about a month or so after it was released. Just about paid it off now so I think your ROI will be fine. I've used it on about 10 shows with absolutely no problems thus far. As for needing more faders, i guess it would depend on what your doing with it. For corporates and small bands I think you'd be totally fine. If your trying to to large band rigs or dance stuff, I'd go for something better with more faders and buttons. You can always us another dmx board for more faders with the DMX in port. (when they finally make it work!) If your not familiar with MA2 software the effects engine can be a little daunting in programming but it's always good to learn new stuff. Unless your career path is theatre your better off learning the MA2 over the EOS. I just don't see it being used as much outside of theatre venues. Even large mover rig shows on Broadway these days are moving into using MAs. Certainly if your interested in concert touring the MA is the way to go.

Re: Grand MA2 onPC, who's using it?

M2GO 6498 Euro 8750 USD
M2PC 3498 Euro 4900 USD

*Prices my varies and are subject to changes

I think that it is funny as I look for MA2 command wing stuff. I see this post and then a whole lot of people chime in about the Martin M console, plus the HOG, Plus the chamsys. MA is the console period. He had the question correct the first time, He wanted the best stick with the best. I am going to buy a MA control wing and there is no option to buy any other in my book. I hope you went the MA route DuckJordan.

Still, trying to get the finances in order. Not really a huge demand so something I personally would get and not need for a demand purpose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back