Good LED Spot Movers

Hey gang! I was asked to propose 6 moving lights for our upcoming wishlist. What would be a moving light that you'd recommend. I'll go through the technical information off the brand and model alone. We had Chauvet intimidators in one day but they didn't pack a strong enough punch with their 70 watt bulbs. Was looking to pool together some suggestions from here, check the specs if it would do us well and hopefully not break the bank while doing it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help that you can offer. Thanks so much.

If I had less then 20k and needed 6 This or other movers i this same "scope" is where I'd go.
https://www.adj.com/vizi-cmy300

Chauvet makes a similiar class as does Elation (but both in there their "DJ" line. In their pro lines the instruments are probably a little better, brighter, quiter, quicker and reliable but probably start at 5k each for the same basic features: CMY, 300w LED engine, 10 to 45degree adjustable focal, and 2 gobo wheels, one with rotating gobos, and an affects wheel. that's what you get at under 5k. If you want the lowest level PRO gear, the Chavet M3, and ETC "baby" lonestar (name escapes me right now) will start at 8k. Weight can be a 2nd determining factor after those first 5 features setss that might be important.

The Chauvet Force S Profile is well within your budget, has CMY color mixing and framing shutters.

If you need color mixing:
Chauvet Maverick Force S Spot/Profile (We have 50 Force S Spots in rental inventory & love 'em)
ADJ Focus Spot 7Z (dual rotating gobo wheels, animation wheel, v punchy)
Elation Fuze SFX

If you're fine with color wheel only:
ADJ Focus Spot 5Z or 6Z (6Z is a v nice light for color wheels only)
Chauvet Rogue R1E/R2E/R3E Spots (just revamped, more compact & sleek successors to the R1X/R2X/R3X spots)

If you are doing Theater I'd stay away from Color Wheel only fixtures. They will become frustratingly limiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back