Grand MA 3D and LSC Clarity

w3st0n21

Hi all!

It's been awhile since I have been on here, and I have a question I haven't been able to find much Info on.

I am trying to connect LSC Clarity on PC to the Grand MA 3d software. My goal is to have a show file with clarity I can take with me to Virginia Tech in a little over a week that has all of my profiles, presets and palettes all built. I just need to have a visualizer to build the show in. And I'm not really sure where to start. I'm not stuck to using grand ma 3d if there are better options.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've personally never used the Grand MA 3D software, but from what I understand all you would need to do is enable the DMX output of Clarity as art-net and then set MA3D to receive that data.. Whether or not MA3D receives art-net is a little beyond me.

I run Clarity on Mac and for visualisation I use Capture Polar (Capture the demo version only has the limitation of shutting down every 90 minutes which isn't to terrible. Again it works with art-net - Clarity sends it and Polar receives. You do need to be connected to a network for the two of them to communicate together though.

MA3D only works with GrandMA consoles or MA onPC. There is no way to get any other desk to work with it. EVERYTHING that is displayed in MA3D is contained in the console file. MA3D run in a session with the MA Desk and share identical information; There is not DMX or Art-net between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back