Greatings from SE Connecticut

woolycd

I’ve been lurking around CB for a while and it’s finally time to introduce myself. I’m an engineer by trade and have been the (volunteer) lighting and sound guy at our church for several years. I also help my son who is a club and mobile DJ, mostly as road crew.

Most of what I've learned about lighting has come from the "free" trade publications and from internet sites such as CB. My wife did let me go to LDI in 2010. What a show. It's amazing how much lighting theory I learned decades ago as an engineering student. Now I'm just trying to learn the application of that theory to produce the desired effect.

I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me. I've just been asked to help with the spring HS production of Bye Bye Birdie.

Welcome to CB.

Let me get this straight. You have a "real" job so volunteer at stagecraft/lighting and went to LDI ?. How'd you score that one ?. I'm jealous to say the least, never seeming to get the time to go, always being in the middle of a tech week of some sort. I did go to the USITT convention in NYC, oh about 25 years ago, but that was it.

Anyway, good to have you here. Check out the CB WiKI when you get a chance, lot's of great information to be found.

Based on the CB Age Survey, I'm older than 90% on the site and probably have more vacation time than most on the site. I'm also lucky to have a great wife. My son, the DJ, also went to LDI with me. He knows several several club DJs in LV and around the country so he did a lot of networking (clubbing) while there. Overall, it was a great place see and learn about the products I had seen online and in the trade pubs. Who knows, I may someday have a budget to buy some of this gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back