Haze Fluid Needed, URGENT!

bishopthomas

I just bought a Chauvet Arena Hazer 2 an am planning on using it on a gig tomorrow, but the haze fluid was backordered. No one around me has it in stock, so if there's anyone in the NJ/PA area who can sell me a gallon (or whatever you have remaining) of water based haze fluid it would be amazing. I can also make a trip to NYC, but would rather not if I don't have to, as time is of the essence. Also, if you know of any suppliers in the area I am open to any possibilities. Of course the local Guitar Centers "can order it" but I need to pick some up ASAP. Thanks!

I just bought a Chauvet Arena Hazer 2 an am planning on using it on a gig tomorrow, but the haze fluid was backordered. No one around me has it in stock, so if there's anyone in the NJ/PA area who can sell me a gallon (or whatever you have remaining) of water based haze fluid it would be amazing. I can also make a trip to NYC, but would rather not if I don't have to, as time is of the essence. Also, if you know of any suppliers in the area I am open to any possibilities. Of course the local Guitar Centers "can order it" but I need to pick some up ASAP. Thanks!

I can get it to you tomorrow - Wednesday.

Sounds like you're close to Philly. I recommend getting in contact with these two companies:

Philadelphia Theatrical Supply, Starlite Productions. I'd be surprised if these guys don't have it, so give them a call and check.

Philly theatrical supply is located in center city:
229 North 12th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 627-1225
Stage Lighting, Audio, Philadelphia Ben Nye Makeup, Filters, Gobos, Scenic Paint

Starlite Productions is in Cherry Hill (NJ) and if I recall does have a sales division, never used it though:
2 Keystone Avenue #500
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
(856) 489-9000
www.starlite.com

Thanks, Charc, I forgot about Starlite. I ended up finding some from Zeo Brothers in Hatboro, PA. I've done some freelance audio work for them in the past and always forget that they do a bit of lighting as well. Dan Zeo is a great guy and will help you out of a jam as he did me.

On another note, and maybe deserving a thread of its own [EDIT by Mod: See Can I use fog fluid in a haze machine? among others], the haze fluid (water based, as required) I got was made by American DJ rather than Chauvet. I ended up using it, but it didn't go too well. The hazer spit out a lot of fluid along with the haze, and the haze was really thick. I diluted it and that seemed to help, but I'm wondering what the problem was. Maybe it is thicker than the Chauvet version and/or the ADJ fluid needs a higher temperature that the Arena Hazer doesn't produce. These are just guesses, though, as I really don't have any experience with hazers. The Chauvet fluid arrives today so I'll try the hazer with the recommended haze and let you know how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back