Hazer Advice

As student LD at my school, I am trying to convince them to get a hazer for our auditorium. We do a lot of concerts as well as bill out to other people to rent out the space. I need some advice on a cheap (really cheap) but effective hazer. Also, I don't know much about them, but would a fog machine fit the bill? or are they different? Thanks.

~Dan

As student LD at my school, I am trying to convince them to get a hazer for our auditorium. We do a lot of concerts as well as bill out to other people to rent out the space. I need some advice on a cheap (really cheap) but effective hazer. Also, I don't know much about them, but would a fog machine fit the bill? or are they different? Thanks.

~Dan

No foggers and hazers are completely different. Before you get too deep into this you should make sure there isn't a reason why you don't have a hazer. My suspicion is they don't allow them because of issues involving the fire alarm system.

No foggers and hazers are completely different. Before you get too deep into this you should make sure there isn't a reason why you don't have a hazer. My suspicion is they don't allow them because of issues involving the fire alarm system.

we have used fog in the past with no issues. From my knowledge, we do not have any alarms in the auditorium. We also have massive blowers above the fly system that can be turned on via backstage and the lighting booth to exhaust the fog out quickly.

we have used fog in the past with no issues. From my knowledge, we do not have any alarms in the auditorium. We also have massive blowers above the fly system that can be turned on via backstage and the lighting booth to exhaust the fog out quickly.

Well no fire alarm pretty much makes it impossible to rent because you are so far out of compliance that its kind of a joke, right?

Well no fire alarm pretty much makes it impossible to rent because you are so far out of compliance that its kind of a joke, right?

yeah you're probably right haha. But seriously i dont know of any alarms in the auditorium. Sure there are ones in the school, but i dont know of any in that one room....

Say everything was up to par with the compliance and there were no issues, whats the cheapest way to get a particulate into the air?

yeah you're probably right haha. But seriously i dont know of any alarms in the auditorium. Sure there are ones in the school, but i dont know of any in that one room....

Say everything was up to par with the compliance and there were no issues, whats the cheapest way to get a particulate into the air?

It then depends on the kind of effect that your looking for, and the size of the space. If you've got a full size stage of about 30'x20' then your looking at anywhere between $600-$4000 for a decent effect. Otherwise I'm not sure your going to find anything super cheap that will give you the results you want.

You might look at hazebase (hazebase.com). Their Base Hazer Pro is, I believe, fairly economical, and Ive seen them fill some very large, open spaces in just a matter of minutes.

Check out the antair HZ-500, I've had good experiences with it.

A hazer. Probably a fairly big one.

Everyone that has used an HZ-500 had a good time with it? Does it put out?

Seriously...I've used Hazebase and Ness. Never Antari. I had a Fazer 300(?) that crapped out on me but so did every one elses.

But alas, here I am Currently looking to go either HZ-350 or HZ-500. Not in a rush, but both units seem to be getting lots of praise. I did call elation and they mentioned the particle size and dryness out of the HZ=-500 is really comparable to higher end ($2000+) hazers out there. I'm very impressed with Elation and their support which is why I'm giving them another shot.

Particularly I'm interested in just doing a teeeny bit of haze to bring out some X-Laser units that I have. I don't think it will take much haze to get it done. Just want to be reallly cautious about the fire alarm situations.

Anyone have a clue what percentage of modern schools and event facilities have visual particle detectors?

Anyway...Antari lovers/haters? Love to know and thanks!

I'd recommend UltratecFX's Radiance. Perhaps the best sub $ 1500.00 machine on the market.

I have clients using them weekly and a gallon of fluid is lasting more than a year and a half. Water based and extremely small particle size (you don't see anything leaving the machine.)

Untitled Document

I'd recommend UltratecFX's Radiance. Perhaps the best sub $ 1500.00 machine on the market.

I have clients using them weekly and a gallon of fluid is lasting more than a year and a half. Water based and extremely small particle size (you don't see anything leaving the machine.)

Untitled Document

Thanks Bill your advice is most certainly appreciated! I've seen you on several forums for years now. Thanks so much for the reply!

My Boss just got me a Diffusion D-50 hazer...
I opened the filler cap...poured the fluid, turned it on... and bam! Fizzzzzzzz!!!!!!
the whole stage was filled with haze!

The singers are happy with it as it doesn't choke them!

My Boss just got me a Diffusion D-50 hazer...
I opened the filler cap...poured the fluid, turned it on... and bam! Fizzzzzzzz!!!!!!
the whole stage was filled with haze!

The singers are happy with it as it doesn't choke them!

Yup, the DF50 has been the go to hazer for a long time and it's why I purchased one, even though it's noisy as heck. It works, it uses fluid the way a Ford F250 uses gas and it ain't cheap. But it works.

I've also heard very good things about the MDG Atmosphere's. You just have to keep CO2 around is all and that's too much effort for me.

Yup, the DF50 has been the go to hazer for a long time and it's why I purchased one, even though it's noisy as heck. It works, it uses fluid the way a Ford F250 uses gas and it ain't cheap. But it works.

I've also heard very good things about the MDG Atmosphere's. You just have to keep CO2 around is all and that's too much effort for me.

Love the DF50. Did a show with one not too long ago. Ran it a few hours a night for a week and didn't come close to needing to refill it. Filled the room quickly and then we'd run it intermittently to maintain the haze.

One night after a show we ran it deliberately for an hour straight just to see how hazy we could get the room. Came in the next afternoon and there was still a light haze in the air.

In my experience, the DF50 uses very little fluid,
Especially compared to a glycol based hazer. But DF50 does tend to be messy.
IMHO the MDG is the best hazer out there. But then again, you do pay for it up front :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back