Hello!

Jinkley

Hello all! My name is Ben McConnell, and I am a high school sophmore from Cincinnati, Ohio. I began working in technical theatre exactly one year ago this day! In my first year, our drama department has done three shows (Lost in Yonkers, Steel Magnolias, and The Trojan Women), and two musicals (Chicago, Fiddler on the Roof). I was involved in four of these shows (I couldn't do Trojan Women).

I primarily enjoy and work lighting positions (ALD and spot), although I have ventured with sound for a show, and do a little film in my free time!

It seems you have a fantastic and well run forum here, so keep up the good work and stay tight-knit as all crewbies do, backstage or not!

Chicago? Your high school let you do that? Lucky ducky... Our high school almost wasn't allowed to do Little Shop of Horrors... geez.... Good for you for venturing into sound though. I wish I would have done that a little more when I was in my theatre at high school.

Anyways, welcome to Control Booth. We're all a bunch of friendly people here who have an odd and sometimes unhealthy obsession with technical theatre stuff. :p

Basically the search engine is your best friend to find anything you need but don't hesitate to ask any questions if you can't find what you're looking for. Remember, the only dumb question is the one not asked. If I butchered that saying I don't even care because it still sounds okay.

So yeah, don't hesitate to ask, and don't hesitate to add your opinion either!

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back