Help creating chase effect on etc express board

jfremm

Hello I have searched many sites and read the manual on how to do this . I have two channels that I want to make a slow chase effect and program it as a sub master. When I make it in blind and save it as a sub and I turn the sub on, the lights go on, but they don't fade out, or repeat (like a chase effect should) . Please respond as soon as you can because the show is in two days. Thank you so much!!

This is something I have to look up in the manual every time I want to do it. I generally find it easier to create a series of linked cues rather than screwing around with macros, but if you need it on the submaster, linked cues won't do the trick.

Last edited:
Have you made sure the sub is an effect type sub?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've never had an issue running effects subs via bump button on/off. Make sure the sub is an effect type as others have mentioned. When I need to reuse an effect in multiple cues, I tend to write a sub, and a pair of macros to bump it on and off, so if I have to edit the effect, I only need to edit it in one place.

Hello I have searched many sites and read the manual on how to do this . I have two channels that I want to make a slow chase effect and program it as a sub master. When I make it in blind and save it as a sub and I turn the sub on, the lights go on, but they don't fade out, or repeat (like a chase effect should) . Please respond as soon as you can because the show is in two days. Thank you so much!!

This could be a couple things - but if the timing of the IN/Dwell/Out is longer than the step time you can get into a situation where the lights seem to just turn on. With a 2 step chase it's a easy situation to get into. turn the step time to 1 and the in/dwell/out to 0/1/0 and that will give you a good test to see if that is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back