Help identifying an architectural controller

All -

I just started working in a new space, where there are all sorts of what I believe to be Strand Outlook control panels, none of which have power to them.

I believe the attached unit is the culprit... However, I'm entirely unsure what this unity actually is. Can anyone tell me? I believe the control panel's missing from the front, but this is all I have to go off of. In the back is a very large DMX breakout, running every which way, all over the building.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412557649940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412557649940.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 241
Are you sure that's DMX? Looks more like a network hub of some sort. The obvious question is, where does that connector plug in to? And for that matter, that smaller data connector at the right? Sure looks like something is missing, and finding it would be a start.

It does say "SDMX/DMX IN" on one of the indicator lights, and goes with the rest of the Strand system there - the connector that's dangling there is attached to several HHR (handheld remote?) terminals on the terminal block strip.

I believe it's a piece of strand hardware, merely by the coloring/style (it has the lettering/indicator lights similar to a CD80). I'm greatly confused though, because I can't find any sort of strand hardware that even remotely resembles this.

That looks exactly like our Strand Premiere processor in our theater. The missing piece in ours is a plate with a 720k floppy drive in it, with the drive controls. Ours uses a off-board power supply to run the thing. We are hoping to replace ours soon, so I might have parts available. That unit does supply the power to all of the switches scattered about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back