Help needed!

cj123

Right, I Work at a Nightclub and the person who looks after all the lighting has now left! i have a little knowledge about it all but not much, so i have now been asked to fill his place! So now a week later and the lights are playing up, great!! it seems like a dodgy dmx connection somewhere... basically the par cans will now and again just come on and ill have no control over it same goes with a few other fittings like the strobe and a couple of cx-2's. the rigs been up and workin for years. Just wandering is anyone has had a similar problem before i have to go and test all the connections.

Thanks in advance CJ

Were using showcad with a midi keyboard

Last edited:
You might get lucky and fnd a bad lead, but there are so many possible faults that it is really the best option to bring in a tech with a dmx analyser and go through the system, after many years in a humid, smoky environment the possible problems are too many to try to sort in a forum thread.

Thanks for the update! These are sort of a rare treat for us in these troubleshooting threads because most people find their problem, correct it, and move on with their lives.

Please stick around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back