Help!

VanessaM

Hi. Im making a model box for uni and need some help.
Im after some type of wall that I could use, where in certain lighting states it just look like a blank wall (so I can project images onto it), but in other lighting states it becomes transparent so the audience can see other set behind it. I was told two-way mylar but i cant find any infomation on it. Any ideas???

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'model box for uni'. (IE is this a model, or are you doing a production)

If you are doing a production, try using scrim

You want to use a white unfilled scrim. You can project on it from the front and it will appear pretty solid - or light behind it and it will disappear.

If this is a model for some kind of class or presentation - I would use a piece of white cardboard when you are projecting on it, and a piece of netting when you are making it clear. The scrim effect will not work in a small model.

John is correct, that is a classic scrim trick, but it doesn't translate well into small scale. In addition to scrim my other favorite scrim like material which takes projection quite well, and becomes pretty transparent is Tricot < tree - co> often sold in fabric stores in the bridal or swimwear dept. It's similar to Lycra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back