Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

As promised,

Here's a couple of pictures from Glass Theatre's production of Chicago: The Musical. I served as Lighting Designer for this production.

Chicago
Scenic Design: JD Stallings
Lighting Design: Chris Barker
Sound Design: H&H Audio Partnership

proxy.php

All That Jazz

proxy.php

In the "jail"

And here's a few from our April production of Postmortem (A Murder Mystery) in our black-box space.

Postmortem
Scenic Design: Ben Soldate
Lighting Design: Chris Barker
Sound Design: Joseph Lass

proxy.php

We find out who killed Maude!

proxy.php

The Seance

As promised,

Here's a couple of pictures from Glass Theatre's production of Chicago: The Musical. I served as Lighting Designer for this production.

Does every production of Chicago look the same, because your sent looks very similar to our production (in our 06-07 season). Just curious since the round center band platform with curved doors and a slide out palette under it, with curved stairs on either side and a light up/glowing "Chicago" sign looks very much like this:
proxy.php

I am not saying anything other than I find it intriguing.

However, your spaces look nice and everything looks well done.

Wow. Yeah thats very interesting...strikingly similar. I can't help but wonder if the set designer happened to stumble across your production during his research...

Thank-you for the kind words as well!

I'll echo Alex's comments, looks very well done.

The set in a way also reminds me of Kooza, round thing with circular stairs coming down the sides, with some sort of opening in the center... maybe it's a stretch, ha.

IN may i help out with a high school musical "throughly modern Millie"

I thought that i should post a link to a good pics

"Thoroughly Modern Millie"

or

Faith Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School

just because all photo via the two links are:

© 2007 Rael Photography

All images copyright Jody Rael.

Always open to comments good or bad.

We did the show in a high school gym

i say we did it three quarter in the round.

Not very fun to light or rig for audio.

we are moving to a theatre in 3 months, umm ya.

While there are some cool looks especially in the darker scenes I think I must revoke the gobo license from whoever is responsible for the bottom right picture on the first page.

I second the motion.

But other than that, it looks like a pretty solid design. Nice. I like how well the stage was isolated to a specific area with lighting in some scenes.

I would agree. That was a random shot with the scrim in. Never during the show was the audience subjected to that.

three quick ones from a wedding reception I was the programmer/board op/runner of lights for:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

More are on my facebook for those who are board.

I wish I had that much gear, I was there as an employee for my employer.

Stella does have some new gear though: [pic removed to save space]

Oooh, nice! Did you ever get a fogger or hazer or is that still down the list?

And I don't mean to be on ya about new gear, but a pair of Chauvet Colorstrips would be killer for your kinda rig. Especially with the built in macros. You could also use 'em to light walls/backdrops in some venues.

Next thing ya know you'll be buying a Hog 1000, Parlite LEDs, and MAC250 Entours!

So the album feature of ControlBooth thinks .JPG is an invalid file type! Here are a couple from my lastest.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

gotta keep this thread on the frontpage!!

Danity Kane: (60K, 8 ispots, grandma ultralight)
proxy.php

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back