Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Chauvet Q-spot 250 -vs- 1000Q par 64's

Nice pictures, [user]JD[/user]. 1K-VNSPs at that distance? I bet the venue didn't need any heat! Something really odd about seeing chandeliers from a dropped acoustic tile ceiling.

Edit: Thread merged into "Pictures of our shows."

Right folks, here we go. "The Producers" at pioneer theatre company. For more photos visit: http://www.icewolfphotography.com or go direct to the gallery

proxy.php

"Prisoners of Love" Gotta love the miles of pink chasing ropelight on the hearts!

proxy.php

"Sprintime for Hitler" Swastikas courtesy of Apollo ;)

proxy.php

"Little Old Lady Land"

proxy.php

"I Must Tell My Birds" Pigeon puppets and some wirelessly dimmed MR-16s. Oh, and those birds have a surprise under their wings!

For more antics and some interesting Swastika placements please visit the rest of the gallery!

Excellent job.

When this show opened on Brodway the P.E. out of Local 1 and the designer went to a Neo-Nazi website to figure out which way the swastika when for the gobos.

After the recieved them they found out the Neo-Nazi website had them backwards!!

...After they received them they found out the Neo-Nazi website had them backwards!!
So did they have to have them remade, or just hang the lights backwards and bounce them off a mirror? Beam Bender comes to mind.:)

They had them remade.

Um. Now, I could be just having a major brain fart here...but couldn't one just...flip the gobos around? Having the image mirror?

Um. Now, I could be just having a major brain fart here...but couldn't one just...flip the gobos around? Having the image mirror?

Diochroic gobo's. Moving Lights. Bad idea.

Ah, that was the missing link. Wasn't sure if I was missing something...

All that will "eventually" happen by flipping a dichro backwards is the dicro will "eventually" burn through, technically the "ink" they etch through will become goo and melt. But with most moving lights the optical system stays cool enought for this not to happen, or just be sure to never touch the gobo till it fully cools. I would have flipped them around and gone with it that way. Who cares if the litho finally did self destruct (yet i have not seen this happen yet, i have seen color filters burn through when installed backwards), they were wrong anyways.and personally with a gobo that simple i would have tried pulling it off with metal.

Remember this was the Broadway premiere and set a record for highest ticket price ever. And possible largest advance? Also remember that the show has been running for what, five years now? And Pre-Production IA labor is different than Show Maintenance labor.

Kelite, did Apollo make those gobos? I'm guessing not, as I hope someone at Apollo would have caught an error like that.

All that will "eventually" happen by flipping a dichro backwards is the dicro will "eventually" burn through, technically the "ink" they etch through will become goo and melt. But with most moving lights the optical system stays cool enought for this not to happen, or just be sure to never touch the gobo till it fully cools. I would have flipped them around and gone with it that way. Who cares if the litho finally did self destruct (yet i have not seen this happen yet, i have seen color filters burn through when installed backwards), they were wrong anyways.and personally with a gobo that simple i would have tried pulling it off with metal.

Untrue.

The first and only time I installed a dicro backwards it cracked within 3 minutes of being turned on and the gobo being brought into the focal path.

Also...I'm talking about the Broadway production, I'm pretty sure Peter Kaczorowski can get new ones pretty quickly. Also I believe there was color to them and that they weren't just the symbol. That being said I'd still go dicro.

My Current production of Charlotte's Web. Set budget $400. Build it on campus and transport to the big proscenium theater down the street (they have an 8' high set of double doors to load in through). 5 hours to load in, adjust lights, record cues, and be ready for a dress rehearsal. I had a crew of 2 skilled people and their resident lighting designer to help me. A recipe for disaster that turned out pretty good.
proxy.php

proxy.php

We hung a white scrim about 10 feet in front of the cyc. Hung a group of three S4's with Seachangers fireworks gobos on each side of the stage. Recorded a flashing chase and changed colors on the Seachangers so the fireworks were always changing color and patterns. This scene has blue on the cyc and a small amount of red and amber on the scrim along with the S4's and Seachangers. The web was just 1/2" rope spray painted black with some heavy wire hooks hidden in it. The Words are thin wire bent to shape, 1/4" rope for thickness, and Red Electrical Tape. Tied it all together with a piece of really heavy wire a cross the top and black E-tape between letters where we didn't want the audience to see.

The bored and the stalkers among you can see the whole album of photos here.

Last edited:
A famous comedian. Boring show, no moving lights. Seating for "only" 6,000. Expression3 as control, but I did have ColorBlast12s as truss toners.
proxy.php

The LED screens are strictly for Imag. After extolling the virtues of cues, ran the show on four submasters: "Doors," "Show", "EFX (truss toner chase), and "Bows."

Here's the rendering, unlit:
proxy.php

Different realm than theater, but here it is just the same.

18 led pars around a room at a wedding. Pix taken with my phone so the image quality isn't that great.

Last edited:
proxy.php

The Last Days of Judas Iscariot at Portland Community College.

I drafted/built the haphazard fence to the left. The one with Graffiti. That was fun - especially hte part where we ripped apart shipping palettes to get the boards.

I'm the shorty to the right (stage left) of the girl in the braids.

AND I totally did not realize that this was in the lighting forum! Sorry guys. I did not light this. Maybe I'll post again when I get the photos from my dance performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back