Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Here are some of my favorite pics of Fitchburg State College production of Othello. I was lighting designer.

Attachments

• Othello2 006.jpg
    Othello2 006.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Othello3 003.jpg
    Othello3 003.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 345
  • Othello3 006.jpg
    Othello3 006.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 319
  • Othello3 019.jpg
    Othello3 019.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Othello3 221.jpg
    Othello3 221.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Othello3 168.jpg
    Othello3 168.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Nah, and trust me, the actors were happy they weren't conventionals in there. Zangara is in there from the 4th scene in the show till the end, and Booth gets to exit once for the Gun Song. Each of the 9 'booths' had an Opti 30 RGB in it, with two DLED 36s washing the faces of the booths. Convetionals wouldn't have work nearly as well because of all the color the LEDs made in the back. There were snap changes, and during Another Nation Anthem I chased them red, white, and blue. It was almost like the set was a cyc thanks to the amount and intensity of the color. For example, in the shot with Byck and the assassins in green behind him, the Opti 30s are only at 10%. There were also two Power Spot 575 IEs over head. The rest is conventional.

Nice shots yourself there Pie. I have been rocking the all LED rock show in bars/clubs now as well, and bands love it. Generally a couple of DLED 36s for front light, a set of Octo Strips for back/stage, and some movers. No heat, endless colors, smooth color changes, strobing, etc etc. They have been willing to pay a little more for the LEDs thanks to all the advantages.

Nice shots as well kovacika. Looks like a great show in a nice, intimate space. I love shows like that.

Just did this show. Started at 9am for setup, show at 5. 6 stage hands. we had a 24'x11' stage to build, 40' of truss to hang and cable, 800' Socapex to run, LEDs to hang and address, 300' of audio snake, 6 15" mains, 4 18" subs. 4 Monitors/mixers with a full split and and 2 consoles. We also had to run power via edison for the sound (600' worth). Strike was 2 hrs, that same night.

Attachments

• AIDS concert 088.jpg
    AIDS concert 088.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 293
  • AIDS concert 089.jpg
    AIDS concert 089.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 311
  • AIDS concert 099.jpg
    AIDS concert 099.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 309
  • AIDS concert 102.jpg
    AIDS concert 102.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 298
Here is what I was doing in Pittsburgh the past few days. Was great fun, and I don't think I need to say who it was for :lol:.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

OMG Shoes. Let's get some shoes.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That must have taken some time to hang all of those Grog.

It took them about an hour...

West Side Story at a community theater near me that I designed. Fun tech process, I designed the show based on conversations with the director and one rehearsal that I got to watch. The show was hung, and I had 5 days to focus and tech the show, but the crew got behind and I only ended up with 3 days to focus and tech.

Photos were taken last night by my father sitting in the balcony. In theory I will get the photo call photos from the photographer, but who knows how long that will take.
Link to photos

Nice job, zac850. I particularly like the cyc treatment during the rumble scene. What did you use for that?

A production of WSS I did in 1981 also used scaffolding. It was rented, but brand new, and concerns were raised over whether we should/could paint it! The rental company said yes. So it went back with a sponged texture all over it.

The scaffolding is being borrowed from my old high school, the theater fixes it up, paints it, cleans it, and everyone wins.

Template system on the box booms (well, sorta box-boomish position) lights the back wall and gives me an alternate facelight system to use for the show. It helped give a little texture to the scenes, but most of that is lost on the camera.

I'm curently LD'ing for my high school's production of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". We have the biggest set our school has ever seen. I'll get pictures as soon as I can.

If someone could tell me how to load a photo into a thread, I'd be happy to share a couple shots of our most current production, "Charley's Aunt". Or you can go to our website and click photo gallery for the whole she-bang

If its allready online simply copy and paste the url to the picture itself and surround it by [ img ] [ /img ] except take the spaces out between the brackets.

OR, go to the image on a website. Right-click on the image (if on a Mac, <Cntrl> <Click> on the image) and select "Copy Image Location." Then go back to ControlBooth, press "reply", then click on the icon with the sun over the mountain. A dialog box will open, into which you can paste the URL. Viola! Your picture is in your reply. Add text as required. Press "submit Reply" when done.

Actually, all "click in the icon with the mountain and the sun" does is wrap the html tags around the image, as Grog said above, but I find it easier.

I tried but couldn't get it to work - is it because the image is buried within the website? It asks me for the url and I have no idea what that is. Yes, say it, just say it! I stink at computer technology...

Last edited:
Bah...it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the way the photo gallery is set up on the page.
http://sctlivetheatre.org/charleys-aunt-gallery/index.htm
Link to your pics provided by me!
Wait, you wanted the image like this:
proxy.php

That was easy.

On a mac: Control-Click (or right click with 2 button mouse) and select copy image address. Then use the IMG tags or the image button. Don't why you all had such issues.
or right, not everyone uses macs, what a shame!

Chauvet Q-spot 250 -vs- 1000Q par 64's

Well, the >old< band got together for a reunion (we called it the Mid Life Crisis Tour) and I thought I would share the results. Backlighting included three Chauvet Q-Spot 250's (250w discharge), four ADJ 250 color changers (250w discharge, no comments please!) and a bunch of PAR64's equipped with VNSP 1000Q lamps. Par colors included #27, red #22 amber, Lee 119 blue, Lee 139 green and some others. Low ceiling (12 foot.) and total plot was about 36kw. I was fairly happy with how they did, and surprised at the bang-for-the-buck of the ADJ 250's (Under $500 each)
Follow spot was a Lycian 1209 midget (575 hmi)
Picture page- http://witness.velmadinkley.com/08dnbd.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back