Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

So these are from my first ever professional production. A Christmas Carol in Austin. You can tell, it is a little rough, but I counted it as a win.

Scrooges Office
proxy.php

Christmas Future
proxy.php

Jacob Marley
proxy.php

Christmas Present
proxy.php

Scrooge and Fan kiss
proxy.php

Mike

Here's a news paper pic from the 113th Holly Ball. We do sound, lights and a 3 camera video shoot with live video projection and three 42" LCD monitors for the event.

proxy.php

Very beautiful young ladies Bill. It makes me happy to see balls and catillions and signs of decent society still going on! It makes my heart happy. Of course I love that my fiance can put on a formal gown one night and the next day climb a ladder and assist my journeyman on an install.

Mike

I have been in Detroit the last few days, I can't post pictures but it will be in the new and magazines soon.

This is one of my last show. It's the fisrt time I post pics here, so tell what you think.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

ciao

Those are some cool shots, what is the rig made up of?

Here is some video (quality of color reproduction is lacking at times) of a recital I did earlier this year.

It's a small light and sound company so I'm making with what's available...

For this show I had:
4 futurelight phs250 (crap)
4 4-bars par64 (1000w)
1 4-bars par64 (used as ACL...)
8 PC 1000w
1 antari x310 hazer
1 SGM studio 24 scan control

we're supposed to buy soon 4 JB lighting varyscan P3 (or mac 250 krypton), 8 varycolor P3 (or mac 250 wash) and an avolite pearl tiger (looks so cute). And I want to have some led strip bars but I don't know wich chose there're so many different...

bye

Here's one from a few years back. The Royal NY Doo Wop Show at RCMH

Attachments

• RCMH CAR sm.jpg
    RCMH CAR sm.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 283
Guess what folks, it is that time again. I have new photos for you all. The show is The Yellow Leaf, this is the world premier production. The show is about the 19th century romance poets/authors Lord Byron, Percy and Mary Shelly, and their entourage. They spent the summer in Switzerland telling ghost stories and Mary wins Byrons challenge when she writes Frankenstein. For more info please visit PTC's website, for more photos please visit mine.

Anyway, the photos:
Preshow

Mary's reading of Frankenstein

"Whoops, plop, sploosh... Ahhhh!"

The bird of prey

As always, please feel free to ask any questions, give comments and criticism. Please stop by my website to see the rest of the photos as well.

I like it ice. Great work. :)

Mike

I have never liked in the in focus gobo with the prism look myself. But to each their own.

Mike

Playing around with some idea for an upcoming choral show/just having fun today:p.
proxy.php

I would move the two floor lights farther out on the wings and point them in more. It will narrow people's focus onto the stage as opposed to pulling it away.

Of course, the lighting always looks better when you're there (and in these, the entire concept and movement, which was pretty much the entirety of the lighting, was of course destroyed), but what the hey.

Full Gallery Here

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And, though the picture didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped, my absolute favorite part of the whole show. Though it only lasted for less than 5 seconds, this is 9 S4Pars from above and 18 ParNELs around the catwalk at full through double cuts of R384 Midnight Blue (already 2% transmission). Saying that made me feel cool, then like a geek, but the effect was unbelievable.

proxy.php

And the very end, a 20 second fade in and out. As of the picture it wasn't there, but in the final there was white light coming from behind them (basically shinbusters) that made it look better than just BLUE!.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Kyle,

Was that an actual wedding or a fashion show? Either way, do you know what material was used to create those strands in front of the cyc? I'm assuming they were side lit?

It was my wedding, the material was 6" wide rolls of tule lit from the sides.

A ban on haze? do tell

Not to thread hijack, but basically someone not so bright from our theater decided to run the hazer, and then not stop it for a really long time. long enough for it to drift into the LOBBY and set off the fire alarms. Because of this the facilities manager and the administration will now not allow us to use any haze because they don't understand that it was a misuse by one person. We have even had our consultant come in and plan out a simple but effective venting system that would be tripped by a particle sensor way before the fire alarms. They still don't really really seem to care since the facilities manager would be in charge of contracting out the work(even though the theater budget would pay for it.) This same man has also not gotten 2 220v outlets on stage for our mac 500's. that work was setup to be done over the summer and has been paid for by us. finally he will not let us pull out seats and setup a permanent platform/booth area for mixing from the back of the auditorium, instead we are stuck up in our booth behind glass. We are only allowed to do a temporary setup and pull seats when using our digital wireless boards.

(end rant)

I would move the two floor lights farther out on the wings and point them in more. It will narrow people's focus onto the stage as opposed to pulling it away.

Also agree with that, but there was crap on the landings I didn't feel like moving.

During the actual event there is going to be a riser on each landing and the plan is to put those two mx-10's on stands above the risers so they can still point at the walls and down onto the singers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back