Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Just got done with the Nutcracker.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is the link to the album.
This photographer is the only one who has come into our theater and NOT asked "Is this how the lights are going to be for the show?" or my favorite "Can you give me more light so I can get pictures?" I hate when people ask that... I'm not going to re-design the show because you dont know how to change the settings on your camera...

Pictures from Miss Saigon @ Pioneer High School - Ann Arbor Michigan
Lighting design by me (Andrés Holder)
Photos by Myra Klarman (myraklarman.com)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It is that time again. This past week was photo call for our third production of the season, "The Light in the Piazza" by Adam Guettel. Pioneer theatre is proud to bring the show back to Utah for it's regional theatre premiere. The show was originally developed/workshopped at the Sundance Institute here in Utah.

As always, enjoy the photos! Questions and comments are welcome, and please visit the rest of the photos on my website. You can also find the complete listing of cast and artistic staff here.

proxy.php

Statues and Stories

proxy.php

"These are very popular in Italy!"

proxy.php

"You must know, Clara..."

proxy.php

Ayutami

For more info and tickets for shows at Pioneer Theatre Company please visit our website. Stop in and say hi if you are in town!

Pictures from Miss Saigon @ Pioneer High School - Ann Arbor Michigan
Lighting design by me (Andrés Holder)
Photos by Myra Klarman (myraklarman.com)

proxy.php
I love that gobo action! What kind of fixtures are those?

Also while hunting on flickr for pics of shows I did I found a nice one from a show I did about two months ago: (I might have posted an image before from this one, but this one is so much better)
proxy.php

Licensed Under Creative Commons and shot by: lizzie kucharski

Those were S4 50 Deg. I had a gobo rotator on each of them (two gobos in them; one static, one moving). They were moving really slowly though the buildup before the helicopter, and as the sound cue was activated, they started spinning a bit faster.

Another question for you, UMich, just because I just closed a show where I used a lot of highly saturated blue, what fixture/gel combination did you use for the blue stage left? (It almost looks like it's from one source?)

p.s. Hey CB. Haven't posted here in a while...

proxy.php

Dance show from earlier this year

proxy.php

screwing around at work

proxy.php

hadn't done a show with these guys in 20 years before that night... It was like the 20 years never passed!

proxy.php

and... my 1988 show, this one's from Fat Jak's in Council Bluffs, IA

proxy.php
Another week... another show... 2 weeks ago i finished Nutcracker, and I just finished designing and running for Santaland Diaries. ""SantaLand Diaries" is an essay by David Sedaris. It is a true and humorous account of Sedaris' stint working as an elf in "SantaLand" at Macy's department store." from wikipedia.
The set was made from this fiberglass roofing stuff, it was only white glazed so when it was backlight the light would shine through. Oh yea it also moved... into 6 different positions... :rolleyes:

Here are my favorite pics, there rest can be viewed on adamsonstudios.com
proxy.php

"Have you ever realized that Santa is an anagram of Satan?"
proxy.php

"Sometimes the parent asks you to stand beside the child and wave. I do so. I stand beside a child and wave to the video camera wondering where I will wind up."​

Please reply with questions, comments, etc...

Magic Show called "Wonder" I designed in Atlantic City, NJ. Show closes New Years Eve, it was a very positive run. Here are a couple pics.

2042.jpg
0462.jpg

Kyle,

Was that an actual wedding or a fashion show? Either way, do you know what material was used to create those strands in front of the cyc? I'm assuming they were side lit?

Cant take credit for the design but I was heavily involved in the production. But this is our most recent show for my high school. Both stories are completely functional. Not bad for a highschool, eh?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
You guys do some great work! I don't have any of my theater pics on this computer, but I will upload some later. These are from a small concert I did.

Mike

Okay I was going to post some but I can't get the attachment manager to work.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
This is from a production of An American Daughter I did here at the Irving Arts Center (very nice space). The idea was minimal scenery and what scenery there was I used my lights to color. It was funny though because the TD had to hear constantly about how bad the set looked until I lit it up. *lol* It was mostly realism, but there were some interview scenes in their living room and another that was a newcast. Fun little show.

Mike

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Both of those (the banner and the whole set) are fragmented aren't they? Didn't realize that when I posted. *lol* I loved the look on the play by the way. They saved a ton on the scenery which let them spend more on nice looking furniture. Plus the play turned into a money maker (rare at the regional level) instead of just breaking even.

I was a bit disappointed with the shadows (too little fill meant single point more solid ie outdoor shadows and they were pointing the wrong way to be from the huge bay window but that much back light would have looked funky in a realistic play).

Mike

Last edited:
Here's one of my rigs back when I was touring. The Teddy Pendergrass system from the mid 70's. Pic taken at the Omni Arena in Atlanta.

Floor supported 120 Par 64 system.

Last edited:
Nice pics Mike. Looks a lot like some of the rigs I've used. Where was this one at?

Austin, TX. It is a rental rig (of course).

Mike

Middle School Camp for Lake Pointe Church. This time is was The Matt Wheeler Band. We have had in the past Kristian Stanfill, Steve Fee Band, Starfield, Chris Tomlin, etc.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back