Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

is this a musical or a drama? It looks really interesting.

It is a drama with a cast of four. The story is about a woman, Kay, whose older sister, Emma, was diagnosed with schizophrenia and has been in a hospital for years. Kay and her boyfriend rent a house and she decides to take Emma out of the hospital to see if being in the real world might help her.

I don't want to give away too much of the story because it is really a great show. It is happy, sad, funny, uplifting, very well done and well written.

Hi all,

Here are some pics from a production of Hairspray I did at a local Upper School (Queensbury) in Dunstable.

If anyone wants any tech specs or the rig then I'll quite happily explain/send a copy.

proxy.php

The Final note of 'You Can't Stop The Beat' - That second screen should be orange but the spill from another light made it pink.

proxy.php

Tracy in solitary confinement.

proxy.php

Protesters behind the screens (PAR 56's on floor)

proxy.php

Corny Collins show.

If you want to see any more then there's a whole Photobucket album full of them!

Jim Peterik, from the Ides of March, Survivor...etc holds a concert every year where he performs the hit songs he's written as a duet with members from classic rock legends. I just so happen to be given the LD job every year. Being that all production is in house. This was my 3rd year running this show and it got even better.

Rig consists of
12 Robe Colorwash 575AT
2 Robe Colorspot 700E AT
48 Strand 1k fresnel
44 VNSP ETC S4 Pars
12 ETC S4 14 deg
12 ETC S4 19 deg
34 ETC S4 26 deg
24 ETC S4 36 deg
14 LED pars
6 ETC Parnels
4 10' sticks of truss from 4 linesets

Console is a Hog III iPC with 2 extra fader wings.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is a set from a banquet hall that my company RPG Entertainment, converts into a concert venue. We produce the shows and run all production.

Our first concert
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Our Second Concert
This concert was with Lucky Boys Confusion headlining.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And just a few days ago we had our Third Concert, but it wasn't not produced by my company. They hired me for lighting only at last minute...the night before...because the show had to be relocated to our venue when the original club got closed down.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also run lights in a few bars. Here are pics from a show i did in december.
For those around chicago, this is The Dark Room.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

my set for The Importance of Being Earnest (playing this week - 2/11-2/13 2010)
I built this in about a week and a half completely after school. I was expecting much more assistance from people, so unfortunately I didn't get much time (about half hour) to cue the lighting. The sets are on a 30' diameter turntable which we rented from another theatre. Act I is the small one, Act II is the one with the trees, and Act III is the indoors part.
The roof is hung from two battens which change height, revealing either the ceiling or the roof.
I also included a shot of the set under construction to give a better sense of the turntable and the roof and everything.

Attachments

• IMG_7414.JPG
    IMG_7414.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_7418.JPG
    IMG_7418.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_7432.JPG
    IMG_7432.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_7321.jpg
    IMG_7321.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 302
I was the LD for Patty LaBelle as well as The OJ's last night. Rig was 120K, 3ACLS, 3 Moles, 6 Lekos and 12, VL3000s

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

(Still working on learning how to "really" shoot show pictures)

Last edited:
I was asked to light a local church's concert for free. I used two of our 420BI LED fixtures. They were about 60 feet apart.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is West Side Story March 2009 at Seaholm High School in Birmingham, MI. I was TD and designed the lights.

The overall goal were for shadows shadows and more shadows. So for once, the wash could have holes and crazy angles. It was a fun show to light.

The last pic is me... yes I was on stage for that production as Doc. It was sweet.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Awesome i like the ones you chose every time you comment or post something it sends me an email :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back