Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Man thats quite the church production... Been a while since i went to a church like that!

Here are some photos of our First Sunday worship event. Each first Sunday of the year we do an all worship service.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow that looks amazing. How many/what type of movers were you working with?

Chestnut Ridge Church in Morgantown, WV (http://www.chestnutridgechurch.com)

In the pictures we are using 8 Elation DesignSpot 575e. We own 4 but also got 4 more as loaners from a local theater. I am also using a couple Seachanger washes and 4 Chauvet Colorstrips as floor wash, both unnoticeable in the pictures. 2 different colors par64 in the columns which is white fabric.

Hey, I think that looks really good. Its not as flashy as U2 360, but who can do that? I think its a solid look, not overly complicated, and it looks to work pretty well.

This is what you get when you combine a audio guy with limited lighting experience as the LD, a small power budget of only a single 100A 3-phase circuit, and a client who doesn't have the budget for movers:

proxy.php

All taken pre-show with no haze and no spot operators.

What fixtures are the last seven at stage left?

Thanks for the compliment, Shiben.

All the fixtures used on the rear truss were L&E Aluminum P64's, with some additional P64's and Altman Star*Par's on the SL and SR booms. The rear curtain was lit by 6 Altman focusing cyc's on the stage wtih a two color configuration. The front truss had a total of 11 26° and 19° Source4's.

Here are some photos of the show I designed this fall at my school, Honk! the Musical. I have some photos from a few of the scenes. Unfortunately, during both the snow and underwater scenes, I used some rotating gobos, and you lose that component with photographs.

I used:
~ 95 Source 4s
18 Source 4 Pars
21 Fresnels
16 Par cans
4 Studio Spot 250s
2 Rosco Vortex Dual Gobo Rotater
A fogger

marshmolly123-albums-honk-picture813-fish-scene.png

Underwater scene. Used dual rotating gobos on the rain curtain for a watery movement effect, but they're not even visible in this photo.

marshmolly123-albums-honk-picture812-snow-scene.png

Snow scene. Dual rotating gobos on the cyc from the apron for a falling snow effect, so they hit everything to look snowy.

marshmolly123-albums-honk-picture811-snow-scene.png

Again, snow scene, with more fog.

marshmolly123-albums-honk-picture810-farm-scenes.png

A main farm scene. I know the hills look awful -- some of the set designers wanted to try doing a cornfield type thing, but it soon became apparent that it wouldn't look good. The photo below shows the final hill painting, which is much better, in my opinion.

marshmolly123-albums-honk-picture814-picture-12.png

All photos © Marti Stone Photography.

Last edited:
Here is the link to my pictures of "Musical of Musicals The Musical!" I designed lights for this show at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in Fall, 2007.

Jordan Street's Photos | Facebook

P.S. I like to use shadows and gobos as much as possible when I design. :) These pictures were, unfortunately, taken without the hazer, which was the biggest element in bringing my gobo washes (five washes total) to life.

Last edited:
Dude those gobo washes were pretty much amazing anyhow. I like the one with all the random shapes in a greenish, that goes on a blue or pink background.

here are a couple of pictures from DeKalb High School's version of Beauty and the Beast.

Attachments

• DSCF3811.jpg
    DSCF3811.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCF3649.jpg
    DSCF3649.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 255
Kent, which production is next for DeKalb and when are the show dates? We would like to take in a show and say 'hello'!

Our musical is in May, usually the first weekind. I would love to get connected with your company since it is so close to us. I will send a note when we get closer to show time.

Kent Johnson
Tech Director
DeKalb HS
Waterloo IN

So not a real show, but I think its still worth sharing. In the fall webster will be kicking off its rock and roll lighting design program, yup right after I graduate. But, they purchased a vision ESP suite now and I have taken it upon myself to go it my own. Drafted a plot in VW, got it in ESP and programmed on an MA ultralite:

A quick one: Longer song:
Comments?

Last edited:
Well, I am a little late with this one as I usually get photos up before closing day of our shows, but better late than never. The show is "Touch(ed)" by Bess Wohl, and this is the world premier of the show. It was really great, and hopefully it will be published and available in the near future.

"I'll be back... I'll be here!"

A not so great dinner.

Fighting over a manuscript.

Creepy Guy.

End of act 1.

Feel free to leave any comments, questions or critiques. If you want to see more you can visit the gallery or my website.

Well, I am a little late with this one as I usually get photos up before closing day of our shows, but better late than never. The show is "Touch(ed)" by Bess Wohl, and this is the world premier of the show. It was really great, and hopefully it will be published and available in the near future.

is this a musical or a drama? It looks really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back