Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Bummer. I didn't do anything really special. There are photo galleries in the lighting design section and a Windows media plug in for the sound design section, but to not load or function at all, that's really weird. I did build it with an older version of Frontpage, could that be it?

Thanks for the feedback.

That could be it, 'specially if your webserver doesn't support "frontPage extensions" It was a great program at first, then MS tired to go for the throat of the Web browser industry. Might I suggest D/Ling the latest version of CoffeeCup HTML editor, and or FTP client, both of which are free, and will correct silly Frontpage incompatibilities, and run a check on your page to see how long it take to load, and what platforms it will supoort.

Here it is, photos from "Doubt."

Is that "plaza" area part of the Doubt set ? It's beautiful!

Wow, love the set, just beautiful. What type of house is this in and what's the audience size?

Is that "plaza" area part of the Doubt set ? It's beautiful!
Everything in the pictures is part of the set. The designer, Bill Barclay was great. He had a slightly different idea for the floor treatment originally, but the complexity of everything else ended up making that take a back-seat. It still turned out great. Here are a couple of the secrets. The top skyline is done on custom printed wallpaper, and the stage left bottom half of the wall flies out to allow the office wagon to come on.

Wow, love the set, just beautiful. What type of house is this in and what's the audience size?
PTC is a professional regional theatre. We produce 7 shows each season including 2 musicals and a Shakespeare. The house is just under 1000 seats. We have been getting some good reviews with this show, as the number of empty seats has gone down over the week.

New here, just found this site.. very nice.

Hey, Icewolf..

Your name intrigued me since we did a show called "Ice Wolf". A production for young audiences.

Here is a shot from that show.

You can see other images from some of the productions I designed at this URL..

http://www.pbase.com/sloopsailor/show_files

Attachments

• medium.jpg
    medium.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 296

New here, just found this site.. very nice.
Hey, Icewolf..
Your name intrigued me since we did a show called "Ice Wolf". A production for young audiences.
Here is a shot from that show.
You can see other images from some of the productions I designed at this URL..
http://www.pbase.com/sloopsailor/show_files
I have been fascinated by wolves and the arctic for a long time. I started using the "Icewolf08" handle back when AOL and the concept of screen names just started to become so wide spread. I was sad that I couldn't get it without the numbers, but it happens. I haven't changed it since then.

I actually was involved with a production of the show "The Ice Wolf" for young audiences. It was a good show to work on.

Hey, Welcome to the booth, you should stop by the new member boards and tell us something about yourself!

Hey guys and girls.

I haven't posted any photos in a while so ill post a few from Halloween.

its a combo of Mac250 Entours and projectors.
JH

Attachments

• n139300508_30092002_2102.jpg
    n139300508_30092002_2102.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 324
  • n139300508_30090301_9493.jpg
    n139300508_30090301_9493.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

If I had my own house, that would be really fun to do! That's pretty cool Jon.

Thanks.
It was pretty fun when i had them all strobing and in random colours. It was quite a big effect. oh and there are colour blocks on the porch.
JH

It was sorta a largely discounted rental... But the neighborhood organization payed for a bit.

JH

Here's two shots sent to me by a customer. The wall wash was created using just four of Chauvet's Colorsplash 200B LED fixtures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here are some pictures from a Planet Drum concert I designed featuring Mickey Hart (formerly of the Grateful Dead) and Zakir Hussain at the Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie, NY. It is in essence a huge drum circle, 5 drummers and one DJ mixing everything on stage, pretty wild stuff. Rig consisted of 6 VL2500s and a whole slew of S4s.

Found out during the load in that the stage plot had totally shifted around and found out the day before the tour was promoting a BRAND new album. Had to learn new music in a day and re-cue almost the entire show in an afternoon. It was my first time on a HOG III too, so it was all a big mess. Still, turned out fairly well I think.

Will be posting shots from this weekends performance of "Cherish the Ladies" soon.

Attachments

• DSC_5011.JPG
    DSC_5011.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_5009.JPG
    DSC_5009.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC_4880.JPG
    DSC_4880.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_4912.JPG
    DSC_4912.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC_4981.JPG
    DSC_4981.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 303

Ok, I'll play too (though it's nothing impressive like that last one with the vl2500s...)

This is from our Dance 2006, a piece called principle of moments choreographed by Melanie George.

When I cued this (on a mannequin wearing our costume), I told my parents not to come because I thought it would look AWFUL.

I think it looks pretty good, but would appreciate feedback:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2328/2104128123_e933f503b0_b_d.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2157/2104904690_5f026a0fe0_b_d.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2104124727_8af2b6ba21_b_d.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/2104875934_80de6dae5d_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

This is the camp for the kids that my church does every summer.
Running lights off a Maxxyz

That was a lot of fun :grin:
proxy.php

Phil I think it looks good, I really like it. The reflections on the floor actually add to the overall look, one of those blessing in disguise things I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back