Hi Guys, from Cambridge, UK

mancerman

Hi, I am new to Control Booth but have been a pretty regular guest. I am a young person from the UK who basically does all the technical for my school. Does not sound particularly exciting, but I am one of the only people who knows the technicalities of our state of the art 600 seater (1100 standing) Auditorium and Theatre. I work on approximately 30 productions a year, usually planning all the tech. and then working on the sound desk.

I also work on a variety of local productions and live music events, and have worked in Cambridge venues such as the ADC Theatre, Corn Exchange, Junction and Mumford.

I went to the Edinburgh Fringe last year which was a fantastic experience! :mrgreen:

MancerMan :)

Sounds like you are getting a fair bit of experience quick (depending on the scale of the 30+ productions). Anyways welcome to the 'booth!

I'm sure you have discovered that this is an excellent site, a vast wealth of knowledge and experience in a wide arena of expertize across the entertainment industry. This is a really cool industry because there is always something new to learn, more skills to brush up.

The Wiki is wealth of information and is always growing, and if you can't find something in the wiki the search function can often find a thread or two on the subject of interest.
Anyways enjoy your stay,
Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words :) Most of those 30 productions are school or college based, but they are usually quite challenging and you really get a lot of independence and flexibility, which is nice. I have done a few bigger things, but mostly school stuff - We are lucky to have great resources and a nice auditorium at our school. :)

Wow! I'm from Cambridge as well... Well Ely 20 minutes outside cambridge!

What school are you at then? 30 productions a year is quite impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back